Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward to Mikkel Kessler: I thought we had unfinished business?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    The winner of Showtimes prestigerous Super Six World Boxing classic tournament WBA and WBC champion Andre Ward is opening up a return fight against former 3 time champion Mikkel Kessler Danish news agency ritzau writes.

After the dane and his promotor Kalle Sauerland has said that the Danish star might move up to light heavyweight for his next fight, Andre Ward tweeted: Why is Kessler talking about fighting at 175lb, when he said we had "unfinished business." at the moment I don't have an opponent!!

Andre Ward last fought in the Supersix final in December where he decisioned Carl Froch. Mikkel Kessler was one of the original members of the tournament where he lost to Ward in Oakland and subsequently defeated Froch in a thriller in Herning, Denmark. Following the Froch fight, Kessler had to withdraw from the tournament with a serious eyeinjury.

Ward himself is currently recovering from a broken hand.

Kessler is slated to return on May 19 at Parken Stadium in Copenhagen against Allan Green.

Ward says he does`nt have an opponent?Is his mandatory Challenger Anthony Dirrel a figment of my imagination?

Comment

I would like to see him fight either Dirrell brother instead.

Comment

Dirrell opted out. What has he done since his brain miraculously recovered? Grown a heart?
        Same can be said of Kessler.

Comment

Originally posted by Money_May View Post
          I'm confused how is he becoming a joke?
          why does he want to fight a guy he beat 2 years ago again. he knows bute will give him hell

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post

I believe Kessler beat a slightly better bum than Dirrell beat in their last outings.

That being said, be it headbutts or not, Kessler couldn't fight inside worth a ***** against Ward.

I can't see how that has changed a bit. Maybe it was the headbutts but honestly ole boy Kess has no sense of getting down and dirty inside and dishing out some rough stuff. Ward doesn't have any qualms about doing that, and if it happened he'd do it again.

Comment

To the people who called Ward a joke, seriously?? Kessler, was the one who was *****ing about "setting the record straight" and wanting a rematch, Ward said "If you want it again, you can come get it again" then out of NOWHERE, Kessler's moving up to a completely NEW division, to challenge (If you want to call it a challenge) Allan Green, so Ward's understandably confused and saying "What the hell dude, you just CALLED ME OUT for a rematch, now you miraculously forgot about me and are not only fighting someone else, but moving up to a completely different division?" I swear, people will literally find ANYTHING to ***** about.

How can you NOT see Ward's understandably pissed, Kessler called HIM out, Ward said okay, looks like it might happen then Kessler not only flipped the script, he burnt that s.hit up and made a NEW one, so Ward's understandably like "WTF?" who wouldn't be? It's not like Ward's like "Oh, he's the only one I want to fight and he left" He's just saying like "Really man? Thought you wanted to square up with me again"

Comment

Originally posted by Tmann400 View Post
                To the people who called Ward a joke, seriously?? Kessler, was the one who was *****ing about "setting the record straight" and wanting a rematch, Ward said "If you want it again, you can come get it again" then out of NOWHERE, Kessler's moving up to a completely NEW division, to challenge (If you want to call it a challenge) Allan Green, so Ward's understandably confused and saying "What the hell dude, you just CALLED ME OUT for a rematch, now you miraculously forgot about me and are not only fighting someone else, but moving up to a completely different division?" I swear, people will literally find ANYTHING to ***** about.

How can you NOT see Ward's understandably pissed, Kessler called HIM out, Ward said okay, looks like it might happen then Kessler not only flipped the script, he burnt that s.hit up and made a NEW one, so Ward's understandably like "WTF?" who wouldn't be? It's not like Ward's like "Oh, he's the only one I want to fight and he left" He's just saying like "Really man? Thought you wanted to square up with me again"
                Why doenst he fight his mandatory Andre Dirrell?

Comment

Explain please.

Comment

Explain please.
                    Kess hasn't been looking to take tough fights since Ward and Froch gave him problems. From Bute, to Pavlik, to Stieglitz, now to Green? lol

Comment

Kess hasn't been looking to take tough fights since Ward and Froch gave him problems. From Bute, to Pavlik, to Stieglitz, now to Green? lol
                      That has nothing to do with recovery from braininjury or hearttransplants.

Comment

Working...
                      X