No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kirkland: I Don't Think Molina Would Have Lasted

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
    Meh, you got him good before the round ended....he would have clinched you to death though, so I don't think so
    When you're legs are gone and you're fatigued it's difficult to clinch like that because it uses up a lot of energy. Now maybe Molina fully recovers and he's able to hang on but his legs looked pretty shaky to me and he was tired. If james kept that same intensity, which I believe he would have being he just hurt him, it would have been real hard for Molina to last two more rounds imo. Shame we'll never know.

Comment

Take the test cheater

Comment

Hard to say what could have happened, Molina was looking pretty gone at the end of the round though. Wanting the rematch bad over here

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
          Take the test cheater
          He did fight like he was on drugs.No wonder y he ducked the test.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
            Meh, you got him good before the round ended....he would have clinched you to death though, so I don't think so
            I don't even think Molina was badly hurt, it wasn't even a proper knockdown. Anyway Molina was holding too much to get knocked out.

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
            kirkland/k9 would good for now, cause the winner of that fight would hold the ibf belt. winner would face alvarez to unify. then that winner (which would have to be alvarez imo) would be in line to face mayweather when he gets out. that unifies the wbc, wba, and ibf titles and would give the winner of the fight a ring belt. but realizing this is boxing, things probably won't work out this way.
            Perfect scenario but I don't think GBP will let Canelo fight Kirkland, too much risk, not enough reward. Canelo will milk his victory over Mosley and will get an immediate shot at Floyd.

Comment

Canelo wont get no credit from fans if he whoops kirklands azz next.
              He should fight cotto,williams or last choice floyd.

Comment

its sad that we will never know. such a waste of championship rounds. boxing is like a snake that eats itself.

Comment

Kirkland got very lucky. He took advantage of Molina's head being caught up under the top rope when he knocked down Molina and got even luckier when Molina's corner entered the ring. The knock down wasn't devastating and Molina would have recovered with it coming at the end of the round. Ann Wolfe immediately said to Molina "you were winning" and he would have probably continue to win the fight. It was a terrible DQ regardless of who's fault it was and should be declared a NC and a rematch should be order...at least I hope that's how it goes. Kirkland was out of his league last night and Ann Wolfe knew it.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                    its sad that we will never know. such a waste of championship rounds. boxing is like a snake that eats itself.
                    snakes eat themeselves?

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
                      Kirkland got very lucky. He took advantage of Molina's head being caught up under the top rope when he knocked down Molina and got even luckier when Molina's corner entered the ring. The knock down wasn't devastating and Molina would have recovered with it coming at the end of the round. Ann Wolfe immediately said to Molina "you were winning" and he would have probably continue to win the fight. It was a terrible DQ regardless of who's fault it was and should be declared a NC and a rematch should be order...at least I hope that's how it goes. Kirkland was out of his league last night and Ann Wolfe knew it.
                      I don't tthink people noticed Kirkland tagged Molina and knocked him into the ropes. Molina was already stunned. Then he hit him again right on the button when he got out of the ropes to put him down.

Comment

Working...
                      X