Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bert Sugar passes away.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard he was having difficulties with his health, although based on the recent interview before last Saturday's fights he had seemingly overcome them.

The man's passion for the sport was undeniable, as are his contributions towards making boxing a better experience for the viewers with his entertaining and distinctive personality, never hesitating to speak his mind and share his opinions, always contributing to the sport in every possible way he could.

I don't think anyone can replace Bert Sugar. He was more than a boxing historian, he was someone instantly recognizable to even the most casual of boxing fans. I fear we have no one to fill the spot he has left behind as a well-known historian, not to mention a part of that history as one of its most long-standing contributors.

I did not always agree with the man but I respected his unquestionable love towards the sport of boxing. May he rest in peace.

Comment

Not a massive fan but he was part of the boxing establishment, worked hard for the sport and kept a lot of its history alive for the current generation.

R.I.P.

Comment

This is horrible

RIP Bert

Comment

RIP.
          Did he leave his updated ?definitive top 50atg as his legacy

Comment

Damn and and Boxing Scene has just talked to him a few days ago. At least he went out with a bang ripping the WBC .

R.I.P Bert!

Comment

A quick sig I made to pay tribute to the historian.

Comment

damn didnt know he had cancer, i thought he was one of those guys that could smoke everyday unscathed, a shame that boxing has sucked so much that Bert couldnt see another great rivalry or great heavyweight...RIP

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
                  I heard he was having difficulties with his health, although based on the recent interview before last Saturday's fights he had seemingly overcome them.

The man's passion for the sport was undeniable, as are his contributions towards making boxing a better experience for the viewers with his entertaining and distinctive personality, never hesitating to speak his mind and share his opinions, always contributing to the sport in every possible way he could.

I don't think anyone can replace Bert Sugar. He was more than a boxing historian, he was someone instantly recognizable to even the most casual of boxing fans. I fear we have no one to fill the spot he has left behind as a well-known historian, not to mention a part of that history as one of its most long-standing contributors.

I did not always agree with the man but I respected his unquestionable love towards the sport of boxing. May he rest in peace.
                  Thats true, he's an old school icon. He basically has no equivalent today.

Comment

wow. I'm shocked. i knew he was old and all, but ****, he was so lively. rest in peace mr.sugar. boxing's going to miss a personality like you.

Comment

Originally posted by S H A R K B O Y View Post
                      A quick sig I made to pay tribute to the historian.

thanks. I'll be rocking this.

Comment

Working...
                      X