No announcement yet.

recent- Andre Ward and Bernard Hopkins Fans:

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hector Moreno View Post
    that would have only played into kirklands only strength..
    no. wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
      Difference is Ward and Hopkins are versatile and can fight from all areas, which means they don't have to resort to running the clock, avoiding all contact by spoiling, then solely looking to get their punches off after the ref separated them off a clinch they initiated. That's the difference here. Again I found Molina's stuff annoying because those tactics seemed cowardly, but I can't get mad at him because it sure won him the majority of the rounds. At times he would hold, literally do nothing for 2 mins, then start fighting around the last minute...
      I don't get how they are "cowardly." When Kirkland managed to put combinations together like in round six, Molina stood there and blasted him right back. I also disagree it was "do nothing" for 2 minutes. Molina worked throughout the round. He held often, but he was throwing.

What do you think of Mosley-Margarito? In terms of holding, that was a similar fight. Mosley would put together punches and then hold to push Margarito around the ring. If Molina had any power, this would have been very similar to that fight IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
        Difference is Ward and Hopkins are versatile and can fight from all areas, which means they don't have to resort to running the clock, avoiding all contact by spoiling, then solely looking to get their punches off after the ref separated them off a clinch they initiated. That's the difference here. Again I found Molina's stuff annoying because those tactics seemed cowardly, but I can't get mad at him because it sure won him the majority of the rounds. At times he would hold, literally do nothing for 2 mins, then start fighting around the last minute...
        So in those 2 minutes where he would literally do nothing...What was Kirkland doing?

And, who was winning the last minute?

Comment

I am not a fan of Hopkins or Ward, but I really do respect their skills and as a boxer, learn a lot by watching them. Molina is not on the same level. What he did was slop and I can't respect him the way I can Bhop and Ward (even though I'm not a fan of that style in general).

Comment

I'm a fan of both Ward and Hopkins so I'll voice my opinions over Molina's performance;

a) He did the smart thing by employing a tactic that was allowed by the ref
            b) He fought almost exclusively on the inside or outside. Mid-range trades would've been disastrous. This took tremendous skill and his ring generalship really impressed me
            c) He beat Kirkland on the inside and essentially took him to school

Overall, I was very impressed by Molina's performance. Obviously he's not as complete as Ward or Hopkins (it's an unfair comparison - look at the achievement disparities) but tonight he neutralized Kirkland's power and aggression - essentially exposing him.

Comment

******ed ****ing analogy

Both Hopkins and Ward did it a LOT LESS and followed with much heavier action against 5x the opposition.

Not to mention ward and hopkins went HAYWOD

on guys like Kesller (lol bum) and pavlik

this molina is a bum fighting a hyped bum that's it

when a bum fights a hyped bum

i expect a slug fest

to figure out who the best bum is

Comment

Im just gonna wait for the next Andre boring Ward next fight, to bump all this **** up.

Comment

It works both ways then. Now all the Mexicans that talked **** about those two fighters all of sudden like Molina.... Molina held more than those two though and doesn't do anything offensive when on the inside, it's just holding.

Comment

Working...
                  X