Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Molina Ward Hopkins... What's the difference???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
    well why the HELL DID KIRKLAND KEEP PUTTING HIS HANDS DOWN, even the announces mentioned that during the fight and I think even Wolfe told him to get his hands up

All Molina was doing was ducking underneath Kirkland's HEAD HUNTING WILD PUNCHES and getting inside and disrupting Kirkland's Rhythm, it is not the Refs job to CREATE SPACE FOR KIRKLAND that is Kirkland's Job!
    Sure Kirkland could've tried to stop Molina from charging in by landing jabs to the body.

I'm talking about while Molina was inside, how was kirkland suppose to punch when Molina had Kirk's left arm under his armpit and his right arm tied up for 20 seconds at a time?

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
      Sure Kirkland could've tried to stop Molina from charging in by landing jabs to the body.

I'm talking about while Molina was inside, how was kirkland suppose to punch when Molina had Kirk's left arm under his armpit and his right arm tied up?
      again if he keeps his hands up Molina would not be able to get underneath his armpits

Boxing fans make too many excuses for fighters IMO, these fighters In Ring IQ is just not that high, they are not clever at all, this is why someone like Mayweather leaves that Forearm/Elbow out their, but then people say he throws Elbows and Forearms...NO HIS OPPONENTS RUN INTO THAT FOREARM and ELBOWS when they try to clinch him or get inside

oh it is ways to stop Clinching...but sadly these fighters today, not many of them know how to prevent it or to get out of it without the Refs Saving Them

Sorry I just don't have any sympathy for fighters that are One-Dimensional and allows their opponent to DICTATE THE FIGHT! Ask yourself, why is it that people don't clinch against the Top P4P Fighters as much? Mayweather, JMM, Pacquiao, Martinez? Hatton clinched against Mayweather a lot, but eventually Mayweather figured that out and started to destroy Hatton Inside

again I think fans are complaining about the wrong fighters but...

but Kirkland did finally figure things out and he started to fight back and push back and instead of just stopping and waiting for the ref, he started to throwing short punches inside
      Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 03-25-2012, 02:32 PM.

Comment

again if he keeps his hands up Molina would not be able to get underneath his armpits

Boxing fans make too many excuses for fighters IMO, these fighters In Ring IQ is just not that high, they are not clever at all, this is why someone like Mayweather leaves that Forearm/Elbow out their, but then people say he throws Elbows and Forearms...NO HIS OPPONENTS RUN INTO THAT FOREARM and ELBOWS when they try to clinch him or get inside

oh it is ways to stop Clinching...but sadly these fighters today, not many of them know how to prevent it or to get out of it without the Refs Saving Them

Sorry I just don't have any sympathy for fighters that are One-Dimensional and allows their opponent to DICTATE THE FIGHT! Ask yourself, why is it that people don't clinch against the Top P4P Fighters as much? Mayweather, JMM, Pacquiao, Martinez? Hatton clinched against Mayweather a lot, but eventually Mayweather figured that out and started to destroy Hatton Inside

You make good points. I actually made a thread about how Mayweather's forearm is legal.

Fact is, not everyone is FMJ.

Sure there are things Kirk could've done before Molina got inside. Kirk threw punches to the head and body and sometimes missed. Kirk just wasn't standing there doing nothing, he tried. IMO, Kirkland not being Mayweather shouldn't negate the fact that Molina was a bitcch.

I hear what you're saying. Kirkland should've adjusted. But I put more emphasis on Molina literally holding kirk's hands under his arms, more than I put on Kirkland not adjusting.

Some might ask why? Because it's a boxing match, not a grappling match. Kirkland prepared for a boxing match, not an MMA match.

How about if Kirkland started body slamming Molina on the apron. Would you still blame Molina for not having better take down defense????

Comment

• Originally posted by bose View Post
          Henry Akinwande vs. Lennox Lewis, hold fest of the year (decade)! Look it up.

Too much hate on Molina who had a great startegy to set up his punchs and take advantage of Kirklands aggression.

A more conditioned Molina out works and out muscles Kirkland again.
          I don't understand how Kirkland who is the bigger stronger guy IMO. Let Molina bully him around like that.

Comment

but Kirkland did finally figure things out and he started to fight back and push back and instead of just stopping and waiting for the ref, he started to throwing short punches inside
            I will agree with that. I can't stand Zab Judah. He has been disrespectful so I cheer every time he gets beat or knocked out, but if you watched the fight with him and Vernon Paris, every time Paris tried to grab Zab, Zab knew how to shake him off and come back with some big punches. This is something that either most fighters don't know how to do or they would just rather have the ref do it for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
              I don't understand how Kirkland who is the bigger stronger guy IMO. Let Molina bully him around like that.
              Low ring IQ......

Comment

Working...
              X