Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Tua Retires: Taking a Look Back at His Career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have some nerve. A guy risks his life in the ring(HW Division) has over 50 wins, and barely 5 foot 10 and had a shot at the heavyweight crown. I have nothing but respect for David Tua and his accomplishments.

Comment

Tua remembered as a fat slob

Tua had a nothing career was out of shape and slow. The fat blubbery Samoan tub of goo was terrible. aloha

Comment

Always loved David Tua. I'm not objective in any way when talking him, so I try not to.

Comment

actually, Tua retired about 10 years ago but kept on fighting anyway....

Comment

U need to get a grip.Tua at 5`10 and 230lb,motivated could take out any of the top 10,wild punch WTF? Tua has one of the best left hooks in the buis.U are just a keyboard warrior! show some respect for a guy who always fought above his weight,bet ur one of those people who slag Paulie Mag off for having no punch.Learn the game and show some respect u bum!!!
            Last edited by jonnyyorkshu; 03-25-2012, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrubber View Post
              Tua had a nothing career was out of shape and slow. The fat blubbery Samoan tub of goo was terrible. aloha
              hey are you a klithscko fan?

You do realize Prime David Tua in place of the KBROS can probably unify the division atm right? lol

Don't judge Tua's career after the lewis fight you bum

David Tua was on his way to a ATG career before running into the monster that was lennox. It's not David's fault. He showed courage in every fight prior to that one.

That was the case of a very very very brave and powerful wolverine meeting up with a fully grown african male lion. It aint tua's fault.

Although I would have love to see Tuaman go out on his shield against lennox all guns blazing.

That being said Tua was one of the most exciting HW'S during his short reign.

HW need another Tua..

Comment

Tua wont beat the Klitschkos, if there are two fights I'd wish Tuaman fought, one is against Michael Grant when both were contending to Lewis' throne in 1999-2000, Grant's height would give Tua problems as in his last defeat to Monte Barrett.

Another is against Shannon Briggs, Tua and Briggs were expected to fight after the night of the young heavyweights card in 1996, but Briggs got kayoed by Darroll Wilson, whom Tua destroyed in one round.

Comment

I don't think he was ever quite the same after the Lewis fight though,.
                  Last edited by Dixie23; 03-26-2012, 05:54 AM.

Comment

Prime Tua would beat both Klitchkos.

Comment

Not surprising at all. His last decent effort was against Rahman in 2003. After that he was nothing like his former self.

Comment

Working...
                      X