Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime James Toney in today's MW SMW? dose he beat martinez ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
    Montel Griffin is a better fighter than Lucian Bute without a doubt....who has Bute fought?
    Whoa buddy, i wasn't talking about Bute. I was talking about martinez haha.

I will say though, I think Bute is better than the 14-0 versian of Griffin toney fought the first time - but styles make fights and Bute isn't the type of fighter to take advantages of James lazy feet, at least not entirely, but I could definitely see that happening as well.

I love Toney, I do, but as someone else mentioned, his feet were in "mud" so to speak.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
      Whoa buddy, i wasn't talking about Bute. I was talking about martinez haha.

I will say though, I think Bute is better than the 14-0 versian of Griffin toney fought the first time - but styles make fights and Bute isn't the type of fighter to take advantages of James lazy feet, at least not entirely, but I could definitely see that happening as well.

I love Toney, I do, but as someone else mentioned, his feet were in "mud" so to speak.
      Yea i responded to the wrong person...my bad

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post

His feet were in mud for a reason, he was able to be defensive and counter from that position.

Toney is a smarter fighter than Martinez & Bute IMO. Neither one of those guys will go down as GREAT fighters. Toney was a master boxer.

When has Bute or Martinez beat a Master Boxer that had an awesome defense?

Comment

Toney has never been knocked out....Bute or Martinez would never knock out Toney and would not outbox him either.

Comment

I just watched that interview

of James Toney giving shout outs to burger king and julian jackson.

That version of Toney will violate Bute so hard Bute regress back into caveman days.

Comment

Prime Toney CLOWNS Sergio. I like Maravilla but he's easily the most overrated fighter out there doing it. Too easy to hit, got his face busted up by some random Eurobum, Toney would tap dance on his chin all day. Him vs Ward would be a good competitive fight but I give the edge to Lights Out.

Comment

Originally posted by polarcub View Post
                I just watched that interview

of James Toney giving shout outs to burger king and julian jackson.

That version of Toney will violate Bute so hard Bute regress back into caveman days.
                James Toney on this highlight would OWN Bute and Martinez..

Comment

lol this has to be a joke. how exactly would you see bute doing against the rahman and sam peter that toney fought. toney has his way with deez bumbs

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
                    Prime Toney CLOWNS Sergio. I like Maravilla but he's easily the most overrated fighter out there doing it. Too easy to hit, got his face busted up by some random Eurobum, Toney would tap dance on his chin all day. Him vs Ward would be a good competitive fight but I give the edge to Lights Out.
                    I agree with this...

I don't see why Sergio is so hyped up. Beating an alcoholic Pavlik and & MW Williams

Comment

A highlght reel doesn't tell the entire story sir, sorry. Styles make fights.

Toney is too lazy on his feet. IS martinez the better fighter? HELL ****ING NO! NOT EVEN CLOSE! But Toney vs a GOOD, FAST, ELUSIVE LATERAL MOVER like martinez is just hell. He's too lazy, it's that simple. Dude just falls asleep in the ring.

Comment

Working...
                      X