Kell Brook vs Devon Alexander

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm taking alexander.

not sold on brook

not overly impressed by alexander either, but he's faced better fighters than kell brook

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      i'm taking alexander.

not sold on brook

not overly impressed by alexander either, but he's faced better fighters than kell brook
      At JWW.

Brook has actually fought WW's.

Brook more proven at 147. Also a real WW.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
        At JWW.

This post proves you're a thinking man's fan. Something lacking on nsb lately. People seem to think that smaller fighters can just waltz into the bigger man's weight class & boss on them.

Comment

At JWW.

tim bradley would pick him apart. i dont see a huge difference in size between alexander and brook and i dont think weigh twould have much to do with it.

i cant be certain obviously seeing how little we've seen of brook against solid fighters, but that's how i feel it would go down

alexander is not a small guy and he's got a very good chin and he moves well. he can fight a slightly larger guy and come out on top if he's got to. i'd like to see them standing next to eachother, but i dont think brook has many physical advantages. alexander also looks to be the bigger hitter now that i've seen brook against a guy with a good chin in hatton
          Last edited by New England; 03-23-2012, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            This post proves you're a thinking man's fan. Something lacking on nsb lately. People seem to think that smaller fighters can just waltz into the bigger man's weight class & boss on them.

when you're draining yourself to make weight sometimes coming up 7 lbs is the best thing that you can do

ortiz at 147, for example, is a better fighter than he was at 140, even against larger opposition

alexander looked terrific at 147. against maidana (who looked horrible,) granted, but he's certainly grown into the division

Comment

Alexander's level of opposstion has been far superior than Brook's. Even with those questionable decisions I would go with the more experienced Alexander.

I don't like Alexander at all but recognize that he has skills and a good chin

Comment

tim bradley would pick him apart. i dont see a huge difference in size between alexander and brook and i dont think weigh twould have much to do with it.

i cant be certain obviously seeing how little we've seen of brook, but that's how i feel it would go down

alexander is not a small guy and he's got a very good chin and he moves well. he can fight a slightly larger guy and come out on top if he's got to. i'd like to see them standing next to eachother, but i dont think brook has many physical advantages. alexander also looks to be the bigger hitter now that i've seen brook against a guy with a good chin in hatton
                Canelo couldn't put down Hatton either. Wouldn't go off that.

Alexander looks very uncomfortable when he's in the ring. There are times when he's dominating like half throught the Maidana fight when he seems looser and better.

But its not how usually fights. I think his tightness is going to get him KO'd at WW. Almost did vs Lucas.

Look at the Kontenlik fight and Matthysse fight. Put effective pressure on him and all he does is throw arms punches.

Brook on the other hand looks incredibly comfortable in the ring. Like a natural boxer. Devon doesn't IMO.

Comment

when you're draining yourself to make weight sometimes coming up 7 lbs is the best thing that you can do

ortiz at 147, for example, is a better fighter than he was at 140, even against larger opposition

alexander looked terrific at 147. against maidana (who looked horrible,) granted, but he's certainly grown into the division
                  Whether he's grown or not will depend on how he looks vs a real WW.

I think he reverts into the same guy at JWW when he fights a strong WW that can get around his clinching tactics.

Comment

i cant be certain obviously seeing how little we've seen of brook against solid fighters, but that's how i feel it would go down

Brook was able to rock Hatton numerous times though, Hatton pulled a lot of little tricks as far as ducking and holding to survive. I've not really seen anything that would suggest Alexander hits harder than Brook.

Alexander has one official loss on his record, but he should really have a few IMO. I think Kotelnik and Matthysse both beat Alexander with room to spare. I can only assume the judges went with the favourite or they swayed by Alexander screaming and panting with every pitty-pat punch he threw.
                    Last edited by gmc_rfc_06; 03-23-2012, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Canelo couldn't put down Hatton either. Wouldn't go off that.

Alexander looks very uncomfortable when he's in the ring. There are times when he's dominating like half throught the Maidana fight when he seems looser and better.

But its not how usually fights. I think his tightness is going to get him KO'd at WW. Almost did vs Lucas.

Look at the Kontenlik fight and Matthysse fight. Put effective pressure on him and all he does is throw arms punches.

Brook on the other hand looks incredibly comfortable in the ring. Like a natural boxer. Devon doesn't IMO.

canelo couldnt really figure out his defense and he didnt have a enough speed to land the shots. i picked brook to stop hatton because of hte speed.

if canelo were able to get to hatton's chin the way brook did he would have killed him, but hatton covered up well.

if you think that brook hits harder than canelo i'd suggest you take that into consideration. i'm not sure if that's what you are implying.

brook doesnt appear a huge puncher. he's a good puncher, but not a one punch banger. much like alexander.

brooks best opponents are jackiewicks (spelling? who cares.) hatton, ndou, jennings
                      alexander's opponents that you mentioned (and you have a point in saying they troubled him,) are better than those fighters. they also dont fight much like brook

i see brook's style being something alexander's very comfortable with. i think he can handle the speed.

you make some fine points. i do think the right boxer can make alexander's wheels spin a bit too fast and lead him to get rambunctious. mathysse did it with straight right hands and cutting the ring off and kotelnik did it with some sound boxing / countering / craft
                      bradley likewise was too much for him to keep pace and box

i dont think brook can do it. if they fight we'll see how it pans out

Comment

Working...
                      X