Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greater Fighter: Chavez Sr or Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If castillo beat mayweather jr the first fight and fought him the way he did in the second fight chavez sr was a way better all around fighter than castillo was so i would pick chavez if if they fought in there prime....

Comment

Eh... I'll reserve judgement until Floyd retires as that would be the only fair thing to do.

I also think that Floyd beats Chavez pretty convincingly at any weight. Mayweather would bust Chavez up with that straight right.

Comment

Floyd's career is not done yet

Chavez Sr did have a period of invincibility cause his dominance and he fought a lot of #1 contenders.

Chavez has some bad loses but mostly towards the end of his career

Comment

chavez is greater

Comment

Thread starter should have listed Floyd's notable wins and Cesar's notable wins. And the people saying JCC is greater should name the fighters that JCC beat who make him great. The posters who are more in to history should help out here.

I'll try my best naming his "notable wins". Hector Camacho, Meldrick Taylor, Greg Haugen, Roger Mayweather, Frankie Randall, Rocky Lockridge, Juan Laporte, Edwin Rosario, Mario Martinez.

Floyd's "notable wins" are[i'll try to name only the real notable/significant one's]: Genaro Hernandez, Diego Corrales, Jesus Chavez, Jose Luis Castillo, Arturo Gatti, Zab Judah, Carlos Baldomir, Oscar De La Hoya, Ricky Hatton, Juan Manuel Marquez, Shane Mosley, Victor Ortiz. [Resume subject to change/Not retried yet].

Chavez: Champion in 3 weight classes.

Mayweather: Champion in 5 weight classes[so far].

Other good wins for Floyd that I didn't want to mention because it would seem unfair to mention so much for him, are Gerena, C. Hernandez, Augustus, and Corley.

Can any one else add to JCC Sr's resume? I named what I could, i'm sure he has more.

Comment

Oh yeah, and how many times were they The Ring champion?

I know Floyd has been the champion in 3 weight classes, 130, 135, and 147.

What about Julio Cesar Chavez Sr? I know he has one, was he the champion in any other weight class?

Comment

Jose luis ramirez, ruben castillo, angel hernandez, frankie michell,sammy fuentes, david kamau, tony lopez....there a couple more that were good wins

Comment

Originally posted by JPRINCEOFBOXING View Post
                  Jose luis ramirez, ruben castillo, angel hernandez, frankie michell,sammy fuentes, david kamau, tony lopez....there a couple more that were good wins
                  I knew I was missing a notable win.

Comment

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
                    Can any one else add to JCC Sr's resume? I named what I could, i'm sure he has more.

Ruben Castillo, Rudolfo Aguilar, Jose Luis Ramirez, Sammy Fuentes, John Duplessis, Lonnie Smith, Tony Lopez, Giovanni Parisi, David Kamau, Joey Gamache
                    Last edited by $coinblatt$; 03-23-2012, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Ruben castillo was a very good win for that young chavez ....is funny ruben castillo not to long ago said he beat sanchez bit they robbed him and said chavez was a diffrent fighter he broke 2 ribs with a body shot funny the way he says it...

Comment

Working...
                      X