Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Ortiz the Next Undisputed Champ At 147?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FirePunch View Post
    Aside from pac and floyd i dont see anybody else troubling ortiz for a while

All that power and talent but he lacks heart and brain . Still good enough to put anybody on their a s s
    I agree. i think he will have close fights but his power will pull him through. He was weak as hell at 140.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
      not to mention the style. ortiz doesnt have a style suited for a long career, especially against larger guys.

and he's been stopped twice
      Larger guys? Ortiz is bigger than every welter and most junior middleweights.

Comment

• Originally posted by turbotime View Post
        Larger guys? Ortiz is bigger than every welter and most junior middleweights.
        ortiz is a big kid. big WW. not going to say he's bigger than the likes of williams, kirkland, canelo, etc. he is bigger than molina and cotto.

larger meaning larger than he's been fighting and more suited to not get blown away by his physical advantages. not necessarily larger than he is per say. i should have clarified i suppose.

the intention was to outline that most of the greats who have climbed the scales have had a level of craft in their game that ortiz doesnt posess, not to say that ortiz will be smaller than all of these guys

the WW today and tomorrow are not huge for the most part. lots of guys moving up (bradley, alexander, guerrero, etc.)

now prime margarito, clottey, mosley, (for example,) these guys were at least as big if not bigger (marg and clottey are much bigger guys than ortiz in WW terms,) and he'd have trouble hurting them and because he cant box well he would have tons of issues.
        Last edited by New England; 03-22-2012, 10:17 PM.

Comment

• Can he do it? -Yes

Will he do it? - Doubtful

He's already given up twice in the ring, he could have easily gotten up from that Mayweather 1-2 punch

Comment

• Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
            Can he do it? -Yes

Will he do it? - Doubtful

He's already given up twice in the ring, he could have easily gotten up from that Mayweather 1-2 punch

lol get out of here

he had no idea what the hell was going on well after the doctors were in the ring and checking him out

Comment

lol get out of here

he had no idea what the hell was going on well after the doctors were in the ring and checking him out
              I dunno I thought he was looking for that DQ as well.

Comment

I dunno I thought he was looking for that DQ as well.

he'd be a great actor with enough of a chin to be coherent enough to hatch a scheme to get floyd dq'd

and of course he'd have to not have an understanding of the rules of a boxing match, because floyd didnt do anything wrong

at least people who allege that dirrell was some iron chinned mastermind of deception against abraham can say he was legitimately fouled

floyd didnt even break the rules against ortiz. if victor did go that rout as your say he's a true bonehead, even more so than he was when he just let floyd crack him on the chin twice

Comment

he'd be a great actor with enough of a chin to be coherent enough to hatch a scheme to get floyd dq'd

and of course he'd have to not have an understanding of the rules of a boxing match, because floyd didnt do anything wrong

at least people who allege that dirrell was some iron chinned mastermind of deception against abraham can say he was legitimately fouled

floyd didnt even break the rules against ortiz. if victor did go that rout as your say he's a true bonehead, even more so than he was when he just let floyd crack him on the chin twice
                  I agree Floyd didn't break the rules but for some reason Ortiz felt cheapshootted, I'm guessing because he thought time hadn't been called in yet.

Comment

I agree Floyd didn't break the rules but for some reason Ortiz felt cheapshootted, I'm guessing because he thought time hadn't been called in yet.

i am not sure which is dumber :

letting him hit him on the chin twice,

or thinking it would win him the fight.

probably the latter

Comment

lol get out of here

Ortiz could have easily gotten up.

Guaranteed biggest payday while eliminating the chance of getting ruined and possibly getting a NC (but nothing Floyd did was against the rules)

Ortiz milked that shit.

Comment

Working...
                      X