Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Tszyu is in the HOF, why aren't these guys even considered???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
    Jose Luis Castillo, Diego Corrales, Genaro Hernandez, and Ricky Hatton.

Kostya Tszyu is a great fighter, but he got into the HOF way too easily. He only had to wait 6 years, where as an ATG like Joe Walcott had to wait 37 years to get in. That just seems wrong.

But, when looking at Tszyu's resume, how'd he get in so easily??? He has a good resume with some good wins, but how is it THAT much better than these guys???

I'll give each guys best wins and each guys Top 5 will be in bold.

Kostya Tszyu: Jake Rodriguez, Roger Mayweather, Hugo Pineda, Jan Bergman, Rafael Ruelas, Diosbelys Hurtado, Miguel Gonzalez, Ahmed Santos, Julio Cesar Chavez Sr (way past it, no one counts that win), Sharmba Mitchell, Oktay Urkal, Zab Judah, and Jesse Leija.

Jose Luis Castillo: Jorge Paez, Stevie Johnston, Cesar Bazan, Juan Lazcano, Joel Casamayor, Julio Diaz, Diego Corrales, and Herman Ngoudjo. Should also have a win over Floyd Mayweather on there, for most people at least. I thought he won the first fight by a point.

Diego Corrales: Gary St Clair, Robert Garcia, Derrick Gainer, Justin Juuko, Angel Manfredy, Joel Casamayor, Acelino Freitas, and Jose Luis Castillo.

Ricky Hatton: Michael Stewart, Kostya Tszyu, Carlos Maussa, Luis Collazo, Juan Urango, Jose Luis Castillo (way past it, no one counts this win), Juan Lazcano, and Paulie Maignaggi.

Genaro Hernandez: Daniel Londas, Yuji Watanabe, Raul Perez, Jorge Paez, Azumah Nelson, Anatoly Alexandrov, Carlos Hernandez, and Carlos Gerena.

All these guys are good fighters and Tszyu is great, don't get me wrong. But, how is he so easily into the HOF and those guys aren't even considered. Castillo and Corrales best wins are at the very least equal to Tszyu's, and Hatton beat Tszyu H2H when he was the #1 JWW, along with Hatton's other solid wins. And with Genaro, he dominated at 130 until he met Floyd, just like Tszyu did with 140 until he met Hatton.

What's your take on it???
    Just to clarify, Walcott did NOT have to wait 37 years (at least not the same way other fighters wait now). Walcott went in in 1990...the year the IBHOF opened. There was no official Hall before that. There was a Ring Magazine Hall...and he was in that too.

The best comparison to Tszyu is probably Hamed. Won all but one of the big belts (and beat Vazquez who'd been forced to give up the BA but was lineal champ). Similar title experience overall etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
      honestly dude, naz's team knew what they were doing. they waited til the right time to offer marqez the fight after avoiding him for years, and marquez's team turned it down, doesnt change the fact that naz avoided him.
      You dont offer a career high purse to someone you want to avoid.

Comment

• Originally posted by crold1 View Post
        Just to clarify, Walcott did NOT have to wait 37 years. Walcott went in in 1990...the year the IBHOF opened. There was no official Hall before that. There was a Ring Magazine Hall...and he was in that too.
        Bad info, my bad. Good job. I could have sworn I read somewhere that Walcott had to wait awhile to get into the RING Mag HOF, but I was mistaken.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          You dont offer a career high purse to someone you want to avoid.
          u do when u suprise them at the rite time with it. naz waited for the rite opportunity and he took advantage.

either way, none of that is relevant. naz's resume is still sub par for the hof.

Comment

• I'm squashing this bulls**t on here. It's all a matter of opinions anywway, so who really cares??? I'm sure Hamed will have a shot to get in the HOF, as will the other guys on this list. Have a good one.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
              So.....what you're saying is that Hamed, who has a probably weaker resume than Tyson or the Klitschko's do at HW, deserves to be in the HOF over guys that have far superior resume's than he does??? Yes or no???

By the way, as I asked awhile back, who did Hamed beat aside from Kelley and Vazquez (past his prime) that was good and not just ehhhhh????
              Im saying he had a greater career than any of these guys except maybe Tyszu.

You can look at his resume for yourself. I don't know who you would consider good or "ehhhh" since you consider Peter McNeeley worth mentioning. I might as well say Billy Hardy or Said Lawal if thats the standard.

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                u do when u suprise them at the rite time with it. naz waited for the rite opportunity and he took advantage.

either way, none of that is relevant. naz's resume is still sub par for the hof.
                What does that even mean? Surprise them at the right time? Marquez turned down a career high purse to fight Naz. He was the only one that did the ducking and god knows I love JMM.

Comment

• So how many of these guys did Prince beat to clean out Featherweight?

Top 10 from Ring in 1998

Luisito Espinosa
                  Freddie Norwood
                  Derrick Gainer
                  Antonio Cermeno
                  Juan Manuel Marquez
                  Manuel Medina
                  Angel Vazquez
                  Cesar Soto
                  Wilfredo Vazquez

Comment

• Originally posted by turbotime View Post
                    So how many of these guys did Prince beat to clean out Featherweight?

Top 10 from Ring in 1998

Luisito Espinosa
                    Freddie Norwood
                    Derrick Gainer
                    Antonio Cermeno
                    Juan Manuel Marquez
                    Manuel Medina
                    Angel Vazquez
                    Cesar Soto
                    Wilfredo Vazquez
                    He beat 4 reigning champions.

At the end of the day, you can boxrec and robotically list names but to truly appreciate a fighter, you need to have been witness to him during his prime.

Naz was and is a HOF fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                      He beat 4 reigning champions.

At the end of the day, you can boxrec and robotically list names but to truly appreciate a fighter, you need to have been witness to him during his prime.

Naz was and is a HOF fighter.
                      Still would have meant a lot more had he unified the titles and cleaned out the division, though.

Comment

Working...
                      X