hardest puncher today P4P?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    he jello'd ricky hatton and he's a former lineal flyweight and long time FW

historically there's not a guy in boxing that can hold a candle to p4p punching power like that
    Hearns started at 147 and at the end of his career he was knocking out cruiserweights with one shot.

Robinson started at 135 and towards the end of his career he was stopping light heavyweights with one shot.

Pacquiao ain't doin nothing new.

Comment

Originally posted by Ringlife View Post
      Donaire always wobbles fighters in the ring even Vazquez at 122 got wobbled.You get wobbled by Donaire or you get knockout.
      Yeah and he is the first person to knockdown Vazquez Jr. He is also still the first and only person to stop top guys like darchinyan, and montiel.

Pacquiao has some pretty good power too, but I think it's more of accumulation rather than devastating one punch knockout power.
      Last edited by Bermuda; 03-22-2012, 08:56 AM.

Comment

I'd say there isn't really one obvious choice at the moment but the hardest P4P hitters have to include Wlad, Donaire, Ortiz, Pacman.....

Comment

Originally posted by Rolaz View Post
          You have to take into consideration that the Thread is on 3 Boxers only. Whether it was stopped by Referee or the opponent' Corner, it still considered Official, a Rule is always a Rule! And the Boxer Official Boxing Record remains Official.
          No, the thread is not on those three alone, the thread is about what current fighter is the hardest puncher P4P. Those are just his three suggestions.

And I'm not saying they weren't knockouts. What I'm saying is that knockouts aren't always because of power. Vitali is a good example of this.

You can throw a thousand punches with not much power in them and get a knockout, I'm not saying Vitali does that, but it happens. It's called an accumulation stoppage and it really doesn't say much about your power.

Comment

Originally posted by Ringlife View Post
            Donaire always wobbles fighters in the ring even Vazquez at 122 got wobbled.You get wobbled by Donaire or you get knockout.
            Donaire wobble's smaller guys! Pac wobbled much bigger guys!! Pac's the Proven Puncher from Fly to Welter! P4P, Pinoys are the hardest hitters! No Pinoys ducks like Mayweathers!

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
              Yeah and he is the first person to knockdown Vazquez Jr. He is also still the first and only person to stop top guys like darchinyan, and montiel.

Pacquiao has some pretty good power too, but I think it's more of accumulation rather than devastating one punch knockout power.
              At 122, Pac KOs everybody except for 1, who Fouled him the whole fight in Sanchez!

Comment

I present you exibition A B C and D Nuff said

Comment

Randall Bailey until proven otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
                    No, the thread is not on those three alone, the thread is about what current fighter is the hardest puncher P4P. Those are just his three suggestions.

And I'm not saying they weren't knockouts. What I'm saying is that knockouts aren't always because of power. Vitali is a good example of this.

You can throw a thousand punches with not much power in them and get a knockout, I'm not saying Vitali does that, but it happens. It's called an accumulation stoppage and it really doesn't say much about your power.
                    I've seen posters that i thought knew their boxing saying Vitali is one of the biggest punchers ever or he hits harder than Wlad just because of his KO% and you realise that they are forming their opinion from what they see on boxrec.

Comment

1. donaire
                      2. bute
                      3. abraham
                      4. alvarez
                      5. martinez

honorable mention: wlad, bailey, JMM, broner, pacquiao

Comment

Working...
                      X