Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Martinez can fight Pac at 150, but can't fight Kirkland at 154????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kirkland looks exactly the same ffs

He gets rocked in damn near every fight Ive ever seen him in.

Comment

why is the ts crying over things he assumes are going to happen?who is kirkland?he got knocked out by ishida then stopped angulo after getting knocked down by angulo and this is where we are now at i don't know how thats makes him so deserving of fighting artinez let alone fight at 154 where martinez has not fought in a couple of years.some people said that kirkland is better than barker and mcklin but thats your oppinion i'm pretty sure those same people didn't see ishida stopping him in 1 round but it happened so lets wait and see how kirklands career plays out before you all crown him the biggest threat in boxing because i remember alot of people wanting to see sergio fight kirkland then kirkland got stopped by ishida

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
        SoOo...... Let's disregard what Ann Wolfe said.......
        I thought Anne said they needed 2 fights?

The first is this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
          I thought Anne said they needed 2 fights?

The first is this weekend.
          So in ur opinion Sergio is supposed to wait for Kirkland???

Comment

Didn't know Kirkland has the leverage and money of Mayweather and Pacquiao, and is small like them, and has never fought at 160 like them.

So now Sergio has to be a saint, he has to be Jesus and just sacrifice everything for everybody. **** that. Sergio should only go down for a Floyd fight and nothing else, cause that's the only worthy fight doing that for. Although he only weighed 157 in the Macklin weigh in. He has to stand up for himself with these other fighters, can't let every one just walk all over him telling him what to do.

Comment

I'm pretty sure Kirkland called out Martinez at 160 before so this whole thread is stupid. I remember Kellerman was trying to hype up this matchup during the Dzinziruk fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                Elo, how you been man?

I wouldn't expect Kirkland to fight Martinez at 154, for Martinez's MW title just like I wouldn't expect Pac to fight Cotto/Margarito at CW's for their divisional title. I guess, the way I'm looking at it is Martinez just got done saying on Saturday night that he's a JMW fighting at MW. They said he had to eat steak and potatoes to weigh 157 lbs against Macklin. If they were attacking not fighting Kirkland at 154, because they don't want to give their 160 lb title, I understand that. But if they were attacking not fighting Kirk at 154 because they can't make weight, and there's no money, that's my gripe. Because they can make weight and they just fought Barker and Macklin for similar money. My main issue is I wanted to make sure the reasoning was consistent.

Regarding Kirk never being an interim champ, by the time Kirk and Serg would fight, Kirk would have beaten Molina and possibly Canelo for the title. That means that Kirk vs Martinez would happen at 154 for the title, not Sergio's 160 lb title. Also, if Martinez would use the "You don't have champion status" as an excuse not to fight Kirkland, then Martinez deserves everything he gets when Mayweather/Pac/Chavez Jr aren't fighting him for his lack of fan base.

Does this make sense?
                What up BG?! Slaying the tards as usual..

I see what youre saying bro. It should totally get done eventually. Personally I would not have done the Barker fight. Macklin actually gets some style points from me. I think Kirk vs Mack would be a good step up fight for Kirk when he wants to move up to 160.

Martinez has a lot of problems.

If I am Martinez, I would NEVER have signed with DiBella.

If youre a fighter on the verge on being a star, dont sign with a rinky dink outfit. You have to go with the Elephants in the room. GBP or TR. No one else can get you to the top and keep you there like they can.

You can have all the talent in the world, if youre not with them you wont get to the next level.

Comment

Kirkland gets broken down with precision just like a soldier precisely breaking down his rifle.
                  Lara gets blasted and shown what it's like to be a couple levels below the opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
                    So in ur opinion Sergio is supposed to wait for Kirkland???
                    No, not at all. If Kirkland's not ready to fight after this weekend, Sergio should move on. No need to wait for a guy that need's you. That's cool.

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
                    Didn't know Kirkland has the leverage and money of Mayweather and Pacquiao, and is small like them, and has never fought at 160 like them.

So now Sergio has to be a saint, he has to be Jesus and just sacrifice everything for everybody. **** that. Sergio should only go down for a Floyd fight and nothing else, cause that's the only worthy fight doing that for. Although he only weighed 157 in the Macklin weigh in. He has to stand up for himself with these other fighters, can't let every one just walk all over him telling him what to do.
                    Actually, Mayweather and Pac haven't fought at 160.

So you would rather see Sergio fight the Barker's and Macklin's at 160 over fighting the Canelo's, Kirkland's, Cotto's and Lara's at 154?

Heck, I'll even take a fight with him and Pirog and Golovkin at 160. But, if "because he's the champ" is the reason you think it's ok we don't see the best available fights, then I disagree.

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                    I'm pretty sure Kirkland called out Martinez at 160 before so this whole thread is stupid. I remember Kellerman was trying to hype up this matchup during the Dzinziruk fight.
                    If Kirkland want to go up and take Martinez on his offer, that's completely fine. I'm just saying that if Martinez didn't want to fight Kirk at 154 because "he couldn't make the weight", that's where I had the problem. I'm not trying to bash the guy. If he said he couldn't make the weight, then yes, I'm trying to bash the guy.

From reading some of the responses in this thread, it looks like that wasn't the case. It looks like Sergio wouldn't fight Kirk at 154 because there was no money in doing it. I would understand that, but he's making only a tad bit more by fighting him at 160. But I guess since it's for the title, I can slightly understand.

I understand boxing is a business. I'm just tired of hearing Sergio fight the Barker's and Macklin's. I'm a fan of boxing, so if he can't get Pac, Mayweather or Chavez Jr, I would like to see him fight the next best guy under fair circumstances, which is the point of the thread.

Comment

I pretty sure Kirkland would prefer fighting for the lineal middleweight belt than a no belt on jr middleweight, so I dont think this is really an issue. But I understand your point, Sergio can go to 154lb.

Comment

Working...
                      X