Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any one noticed how Lampley put Merchant in his place several times for hating on SM?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Easy-E View Post
    Merchant was awful last night, especially bad in the Rodriguez vs Donovan fight. I was watching and thinking..."what the eff is this guy talking about?

Many of his "anecdotes" went absolutely nowhere and he was droning on like he was drunk or off his rocker (or both).
    he's way past his prime. sometimes he can't pull the trigger mid sentence. it's sad. ali-holmes start to flash in my head as he drones on.

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
    Macklin is a very good fighter though. He beat Sturm and now he made a very good account of himself, although falling short, against Sergio Martinez. I bet you this guy gives a hell of a fight to Pirog, Chavez Jr, Golovkin just like he gave to Martinez and Sturm.
    co-sign

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      Could be taken as a slight on Sergio i.e he'll never be as good as Jones. It just depends how you look at it. Too many people hear what they wanna hear and get butthurt when its a fighter they like getting criticised.

Im a Sergio fan but it sounds like Merchant was spot on with his analysis. He WAS just throwing one left-hand at a time in the early stages of that fight and he was getting countered by a mediocre fighter like Macklin.

Why is it wrong for Merchant to call it like it is? You guys want him to constantly suck dick like Max Kellerman?
      What Lmapley said after that, would tell you what that comment was about.

He said, we're not watching Roy Jones, we're watching a fighter who started boxing late and blah blah blah, started complimenting him on how good he is for the age he started in. So no, it was not a slight on Martinez, Lampley was defending him. Cause it's a fact, we're not watching Roy, so Merchant needs to shut his trap about Roy. We might not even be watching a HOF'er cause it's just too late for him to do anything big enough to get in, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
        What Lmapley said after that, would tell you what that comment was about.

He said, we're not watching Roy Jones, we're watching a fighter who started boxing late and blah blah blah, started complimenting him on how good he is for the age he started in. So no, it was not a slight on Martinez, Lampley was defending him. Cause it's a fact, we're not watching Roy, so Merchant needs to shut his trap about Roy. We might not even be watching a HOF'er cause it's just too late for him to do anything big enough to get in, I think.
        Whatever. Whether we're watching Roy or not is moot. The fact that he was throwing 1 left hand at a time was deserving of criticism. His performance for 6/7 rounds wasn't great so why pretend that it was?

Comment

It's all part of the show. It's entertainment right? Even the commentators need to entertain. It's no big deal.

Comment

Because Macklin isn't the one being showcased. It was Sergio's decision to fight such a lacklustre opponent and thus he is under more scrutiny to perform.
            Macklin is a lackluster opponent? Didn't you hear about the robbery in Germany? Which opponent is more solid at 160 than Macklin? I thought Macklin was a legit opponent coming into the fight. Macklin is no Barker IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Juanma9 View Post
              Macklin is a lackluster opponent? Didn't you hear about the robbery in Germany? Which opponent is more solid at 160 than Macklin? I thought Macklin was a legit opponent coming into the fight. Macklin is no Barker IMO.
              If doing well against Felix Sturm is an indicator of being a credible opponent then I guess Martin Murray is next.

Comment

If doing well against Felix Sturm is an indicator of being a credible opponent then I guess Martin Murray is next.
                Murray's performance against Sturm was worlds apart from Macklin's. I saw the fight and he was gifted a draw. I thought it was particularly strange that they favored the challenger this time.

I'll go on record in saying that Murray is not a legit contender and doesn't deserve a title shot with any belt holder at 160.

Comment

why do u guys even bother responding to dirk? hes a butthurt kahn fan who has no1 2 to cheer for so he wants to make everyone else feel bad for cheering for decent boxers. ignore the hater.

Comment

Originally posted by Juanma9 View Post
                    Murray's performance against Sturm was worlds apart from Macklin's. I saw the fight and he was gifted a draw. I thought it was particularly strange that they favored the challenger this time.

I'll go on record in saying that Murray is not a legit contender and doesn't deserve a title shot with any belt holder at 160.
                    It wasn't really. Both were close fights. Murray fought on terms with Sturm. I dont know if Sturm is past his best or he just cant get up for fights anymore. But doing well against him or even just beating him as many feel Macklin did should not be some kind of indicator of being a legit challenger for Sergio.

What has Macklin really done outside of that? He's a European level fighter.
                    Last edited by Dirk Diggler UK; 03-19-2012, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                      why do u guys even bother responding to dirk? hes a butthurt kahn fan who has no1 2 to cheer for so he wants to make everyone else feel bad for cheering for decent boxers. ignore the hater.
                      Which decent boxers would these be? Sergio? Who is my favourite fighter outside the UK. So yes I "cheer for" him.

But I dont DICKRIDE him like apparently you feel everyone should do to your favourite fighters. I don't think he can do no wrong.

Do you ever post without referencing "hate" and "haters"? Like I told you once before, it sounds like you were raised by women and didn't have a father figure in your life.

Comment

Working...
                      X