Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Matthew Macklin: I Never, Ever Quit, I Wanted To Continue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Matthew Macklin: I Never, Ever Quit, I Wanted To Continue

Sergio Martinez beat Matthew Macklin by a technical knockout at Madison Square Garden in New York to remain the world middleweight champion.

[Click Here To Read More]

and would have been hurt if he did continue. Buddy did what I expected him to do.

Comment

His corner did the right thing. By stopping the fight during the 1 minute rest, Macklin was protected from being brutally KO and getting seriously hurt, and also this way Macklin can say that he still was able to go on and fight. Good fight by Macklin, but it was a great stoppage, the guy was done.

Comment

I wanted Macklin to come out that final round, just to satisfy my inner sadistic appetite and enjoy a little bit more of that, as Alex would say, ultra violence and witness an even more bloody, brutal finish.

Comment

"Im sorry baby Im stopping it, I love you too much" I couldnt stop laughing when he did this because all week people on here kept saying he was going to do it

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
            I wanted Macklin to come out that final round, just to satisfy my inner sadistic appetite and enjoy a little bit more of that, as Alex would say, ultra violence and witness an even more bloody, brutal finish.
            i know what you mean, i wanted to see sergio whoop him more. but thinking about it now, he would've been seriously hurt (more than he was after the 11th) if he went into the 12th round. good stoppage imo.

Originally posted by Suavecito80 View Post
            "Im sorry baby Im stopping it, I love you too much" I couldnt stop laughing when he did this because all week people on here kept saying he was going to do it
            yeah, everyone predicted it. i was laughing when i saw mcgirt talking to macklin, i was like damn, the people on boxingscene called it.

Comment

Macklin, there is no dought he got heart and fought his arse off. But I agree with his corner in stopping the fight.

There's always next time.

Comment

Martinez ended his career... If he was allowed to continue it could've ended his life
                Last edited by LeG00N; 03-18-2012, 02:07 AM.

Comment

Macklin-Golovkin would be fun.

Plenty of good fights out there for Matthew.

Perhaps Pirog or Lee.

Comment

Buddy has been known to stop fights a bit premature, but this one was right on the money. Good stoppage, no use getting hurt when there are more fights for him out there.

Comment

Working...
                    X