Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Official Kell Brook vs Matthew Hatton, undercards RbR discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
    How would you feel about him fighting Malignaggi/Senchenko winner for the WBA title? Or how about Devon Alexander? I think those fighters are all a step below guys like Mike Jones, Berto, and Ortiz. . . Those fights are definitely winnable for Brook, IMO. . .
    I wouldn't put Brook anywhere near Jones/Berto/Ortiz/Alexander yet. Fighting the Senchenko/Malignaggi winner would be a move in the right direction. He needs more experience at the highest level before taking on the top contenders at 147.

Just compare the above fighters resumes to that of Brook's.

Comment

Lujan may be a measuring stick but at least he measures at a higher level than Brook's previous opponents. But he's tied up for a while, so I can't see Brook fighting him.

Zaveck would be another good opponent, can't imagine him being too expensive to get over to the UK.

Comment

Seems we have a catch 22 gentlemen!

We all want to see Brook in with a fighter who is going to bring the best out of him, like some of the fellow contenders or one of the weaker champions like Senchenko.

But then we are aware that he needs add some more names to his resume before he gets thrown in with some class.

Either way he isn't far off.

Comment

Big difference between fighters like Malignaggi and Senchenko compared to the best in the division e.g Berto, Ortiz, Alexander. Jones is a risky fight for Brook to take. Much safer to put Brook in with a common opponent like Soto Karrass and similar opponents in style first. But then again, what does Jones bring to the table?

Brook still remains largely untested against world level boxers. His only taste of top opposition comes in the form of tough, durable journeymen who make a living based on their ability to survive rather than win.

Comment

Originally posted by Dem Eyes View Post
            Big difference between fighters like Malignaggi and Senchenko compared to the best in the division e.g Berto, Ortiz, Alexander. Jones is a risky fight for Brook to take. Much safer to put Brook in with a common opponent like Soto Karrass and similar opponents in style first. But then again, what does Jones bring to the table?

Brook still remains largely untested against world level boxers. His only taste of top opposition comes in the form of tough, durable journeymen who make a living based on their ability to survive rather than win.
            Yeah Soto Karass would be a good fight, he gave Mike Jones problems in both their fights, probably unlucky not to get a share of the spoils in the first contest.

Fighting Mike Jones would be risky, although he has got his own business to take care of against Bailey. Expect Jones to win, but we all know Bailey can bang.

I expect Brook to come through against Hatton quite convincingly, then Matchroom will probably target the winner of Senchenko - Malignaggi. I think Brook is well ranked with the WBA, so that seems to be on a bit of a collision course.

Comment

Hatton is commitiing suicide.

Comment

Hatton lasted 12 against Alvarez.

You think Brook's going to just blast him out?

Hatton is a good boxer and is probably Brook's best opponent to date. Which is why I can't understand all that talk about Brook fighting the best in the division.

Comment

DEM DAMN EYES!! Time is almost upon us!!!

Lol I kinda wanna see Hatton outbox Brook. . . Doubt it will hapen, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dem Eyes View Post
                    Hatton lasted 12 against Alvarez.

You think Brook's going to just blast him out?

Hatton is a good boxer and is probably Brook's best opponent to date. Which is why I can't understand all that talk about Brook fighting the best in the division.
                    He certainly wont just blast him out of there,i think he will have to be patient and if he does go looking for the stoppage he could look pretty sloppy doing so

If you are giving Hatton any chance i suggest you get down the bookies if you havent already,6-1 odds is worth a punt

Comment

I don't give Hatton much of a chance at winning, I just think he'll present Brook some problems. Those odds are good though, shame Hatton doesn't have much power. Brook gets caught far too much and he's a sucker for the right hand.

The possibility of Brook stopping Hatton is growing on me. The speed difference might be a big factor and Brook looks great when he lets his hands go. I can see a typical British stoppage but I hope that's not the case.

Comment

Working...
                      X