Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the klitschko's the only Europeans to "never" leave Europe but have a HOF legacy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
    If you look through this thread, you'll easily find that this isn't a "crap on the K2 bro"s thread. It's actually a compliment.

But while we're on the Europe vs American fighter's topic, name one era, where your bolded is true; besides the K2 brother's. I'll gladly wait...
    It's an indirect shot at them. You're being sneaky.

It's any era. People from here are quick to talk crap about other boxer from other places. You get more praise at home, risk of getting robbed away from home, etc.

If you followed boxing, you would know why Jones never had to go to Europe to unify.

If you're talking about who I think you're talking about, at that time, what did Dariusz ever do to deserve Roy Jones to fight him in Europe?

I've followed boxing since I was a little kid. Jones decided to milk that HBO money. Easy! But my point is that we fans from the US/Mex/Brit/PR are quick to have double standards that these are the only places where boxing should be fought. Like I said boxing is a worldwide sport.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      it's not where you fight

it is WHO THE AMERICAN/BRIT MEDIA HYPES UP
      and when

they fought everybody when they earned shots

they mixed a few bums in, but for the most part when guys earned shots they got them and took a beating

Fixed it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
        It's an indirect shot at them. You're being sneaky.

It's any era. People from here are quick to talk crap about other boxer from other places. You get more praise at home, risk of getting robbed away from home, etc.

I've followed boxing since I was a little kid. Jones decided to milk that HBO money. Easy! But my point is that we fans from the US/Mex/Brit/PR are quick to have double standards that these are the only places where boxing should be fought. Like I said boxing is a worldwide sport.
        I don't have to make "indirect" shots at anybody. I would tell you how I feel if I didn't like the K2 bros and felt otherwise.

Anyway, It is not any era. This is the only era this has happened where a European has dominated a boxing division while mainly fighting in Europe........... Ever.

Please name an era and "prove" me wrong.

I can prove you wrong by naming era's of US dominance, now you do the same. I'll gladly wait.

Comment

I don't have to make "indirect" shots at anybody. I would tell you how I feel if I didn't like the K2 bros and felt otherwise.

Anyway, It is not any era. This is the only era this has happened where a European has dominated a boxing division while mainly fighting in Europe........... Ever.

Please name an era and "prove" me wrong.

I can prove you wrong by naming era's of US dominance, now you do the same. I'll gladly wait.
          Last era Hatton dominated 140 division. Darius Micha whatever dominated a division as well and had the ring title. Joe Calzaghe dominated his division as well. They're is plenty of others but can't think of more off the top of my head.

Comment

Last era Hatton dominated 140 division. Darius Micha whatever dominated a division as well and had the ring title. Joe Calzaghe dominated his division as well. They're is plenty of others but can't think of more off the top of my head.
            Hatton dominated the 140 lb division?

I think you're confusing him with Kosta Zu. Yes, Hatton defeated Zu, but Hatton didn't dominate 140. He beat the guy that dominated 140. Hatton's best division was 140, but he came to the U.S for as he put it, "the real challenges".

Dariusz did not dominate light heavy. Roy Jones did.

Calzaghe did not dominate 168. Roy Jones did. Calzaghe didn't really step up until he fought Jeff Lacy. Are you saying everyone Calzaghe beat before Lacy was dominating the division? Just stop. Joe did his best work against Hopkins and an aging Jones.

No there aren't plenty others, unless you're talking about Lewis; which he fought the majority of his leg work in the states not the UK.

Comment

Hatton dominated the 140 lb division?

I think you're confusing him with Kosta Zu. Yes, Hatton defeated Zu, but Hatton didn't dominate 140. He beat the guy that dominated 140. Hatton's best division was 140, but he came to the U.S for as he put it, "the real challenges".

Dariusz did not dominate light heavy. Roy Jones did.

Calzaghe did not dominate 168. Roy Jones did. Calzaghe didn't really step up until he fought Jeff Lacy. Are you saying everyone Calzaghe beat before Lacy was dominating the division? Just stop. Joe did his best work against Hopkins and an aging Jones.

No there aren't plenty others, unless you're talking about Lewis; which he fought the majority of his leg work in the states not the UK.
              Zoo got beat by Philips earlier in his career. Hatton was the #1 guy in his division for a while till Pac came and took it from him. But if you want to say Hatton wasn't all that then fine by me, it makes Floyd's already overrated resume for greatness look worse.

LMAO @ the real challenges.

Jones fighting your cop and trash collectors isn't called domination to me. Ring title does. My opinion.

Calzaghe still dominated whether you like it or not AND got two Ring belts in the process. People are just butthurt he exposed a black supremacist bully and made Jones look stupid after all that playing he did to his opponents in the ring. He got a taste of his own medicine.

And these so called greats you call have made a career as well fighting guys out of their prime. From Jack Johnson fighting Jefferies to Robinson fighting Armstrong to Tyson fighting Holmes, etc.

I knew your bull**** with "I'll wait" will be brought up with downgrading. No matter who I list. **** if Robinson was European and I would of mentioned him you would of come up with some bullshit to downgrade him.

FYI I'm Mexican/American and love boxers from everywhere, I give them all a fair share. Their fanatics however are a different story.

Comment

Zoo got beat by Philips earlier in his career. Hatton was the #1 guy in his division for a while till Pac came and took it from him. But if you want to say Hatton wasn't all that then fine by me, it makes Floyd's already overrated resume for greatness look worse.

LMAO @ the real challenges.

Jones fighting your cop and trash collectors isn't called domination to me. Ring title does. My opinion.

Calzaghe still dominated whether you like it or not AND got two Ring belts in the process. People are just butthurt he exposed a black supremacist bully and made Jones look stupid after all that playing he did to his opponents in the ring. He got a taste of his own medicine.

And these so called greats you call have made a career as well fighting guys out of their prime. From Jack Johnson fighting Jefferies to Robinson fighting Armstrong to Tyson fighting Holmes, etc.

I knew your bull**** with "I'll wait" will be brought up with downgrading. No matter who I list. **** if Robinson was European and I would of mentioned him you would of come up with some bullshit to downgrade him.

FYI I'm Mexican/American and love boxers from everywhere, I give them all a fair share. Their fanatics however are a different story.

So you're saying Hatton dominated the 140 lb division "for an era" while he was in the UK? No, Hatton beat Zu in the UK, then he further solidified himself in the U.S.

Regarding your rant about Jones, I won't even address that.

If you think Calzaghe was fighting "dominating" worth competitors before he fought Lacy, you're wrong. I know that and you know that. But since you're trying to prove an overall point you're wrong in, you won't admit that you're wrong. That's fine. You're not the first and won't be the last to do it on BS.

Comment

Red for idiot thread starter, boring troll. klits have fought in america more than hatton and calzaghe. everyone knows this.

Comment

So you're saying Hatton dominated the 140 lb division "for an era" while he was in the UK? No, Hatton beat Zu in the UK, then he further solidified himself in the U.S.

Regarding your rant about Jones, I won't even address that.

If you think Calzaghe was fighting "dominating" worth competitors before he fought Lacy, you're wrong. I know that and you know that. But since you're trying to prove an overall point you're wrong in, you won't admit that you're wrong. That's fine. You're not the first and won't be the last to do it on BS.

He was the lineal champ for several years. So yea that's being dominant. I can't see someone off the top of my head that dominated the 140 division longer than he did in his era.

It's not a rant, I just didn't fall for all that hype because he moved "pretty" against easy opponents.
                    Lacy was America's hope to beat Calzaghe and once he got his ass whooped boxing fans turned around and called him a bum. Then he goes and pours more salt on the wound by beating Hopkins and Jones. Same thing happens with Klits with Arreola, Haye, Chambers to Gomez.

Calzaghe is an atg at his main weight. Anyone who disagrees is a hater. He has a lot of belt defenses like Hopkins and Hopkins' defenses at 160 weren't filled with atgs either. FYI I'm not even a big Calzaghe fan. He's just there but I won't discredit what he did because he's from "Europe".

Comment

Repeat: they have fought outside the US numerous times and will likely be fighting in the US for their next fights. They've also discussed fighting the Barclay centre for one of their later fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X