Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Macklin's Trainer: How Can They Say Martinez is Great?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Macklin's Trainer: How Can They Say Martinez is Great?

NEW YORK — Buddy McGirt has nothing against Sergio Martinez.

[Click Here To Read More]

if sergio isnt a top tier fighter why are you fighting him? trainers say so much stupid ****

Comment

someone's jelly

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
        if sergio isnt a top tier fighter why are you fighting him? trainers say so much stupid ****
        He's not saying he's not currently a top tier fighter. He's just saying he isn't great. There's a difference between being a good fighter (top tier fighter right now) and a great fighter.

I see where Buddy is coming from and he makes some valid points.

He hasn't really said anything stupid there. Sergio holds a title and Macklin wants a title, why shouldn't Macklin fight him? If anything that's a stupid thing to say.

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post

You misunderstand what he means. He's saying Martinez is very good, not great. He believes the word "great" should be attached to men like Sugar Ray Robinson. This isn't really an insult considering Martinez himself has said similar things about himself. Him beating Floyd is the closest he'll get to this generation's version of "greatness". He'd be damn nearegendary if he did something like beating Floyd, going back up to 160, beating Jcc Jr, catchweight bute/ward and retire. He's in a position to be considered great under the right circumstances...but he has a tiny window to do it...and the only way it happens is if Floyd accepts and Martinez wins... And he'd have to hope Bute/Ward happens and Bute wins because I think Martinez is better than Bute, but Ward is a bad style for him (imo). One can only dream of a fighter pulling an amazing run like that in this day and age.

Comment

Macklin's trainer doesn't know shit about boxing

Comment

"We stoppin it baby"

Comment

I guess Macklin will find out on Saturday. McGirt when he sees his fighter in problems is going to jump in the ring and stop the fight

Comment

He beat THE middle weight champ of the world, and iced a P4P fighter (at the time) in Paul Williams with one over hand left. I would say that gets him the "great" tag. Only one more day and Buddy will really find out where the great moniker comes from when Sergio beats the piss out of his charge.

Comment

I'll agree with what he's saying, besides p williams ( over rated) and pavlik (who is an alcoholic) hes not really fought anyone else. I didnt think he was impressive in his last night against barker. I can see macklin giving him kittens.

Comment

Working...
                    X