No announcement yet.

Adrien Broner will be the next fighter of the decade

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
    4 years left..imagine if Broner unifies 140 and then moves up and wins another title at 147......already a 4 division champion in this decade
    If he actually took his boxing on a serious level he could have been something. From what I see he is just a lazy person who relies on his sheer talent to get by. He hasn't beaten anyone of talent and I really don't think he can unless he starts to focus on his boxing career instead of acting like a tool outside the ring.

I see his game, he wants to be like "big bro" but at least mayweather was smart in his actions and made crazy amounts of money. Broner just doesn't have that same character traits.

Comment

• Broner just needs to focus on staying in shape.

Comment

• Idiot should be perma banned for this thread

Comment

• Was this a joke, or was the ts serious? At the time this thread was made Broner had just beaten Eloy Perez, and a few fights before that De Leon beat him handidly.

I guess I'm just wondering what gave him the impression to claim so boldly that Broner would be the next fighter of the decade?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pechorin View Post
            Was this a joke, or was the ts serious? At the time this thread was made Broner had just beaten Eloy Perez, and a few fights before that De Leon beat him handidly.

I guess I'm just wondering what gave him the impression to claim so boldly that Broner would be the next fighter of the decade?
            media propaganda + race + ******ed persona...all larry needs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pechorin View Post
              Was this a joke, or was the ts serious? At the time this thread was made Broner had just beaten Eloy Perez, and a few fights before that De Leon beat him handidly.

I think it was ballsy for Larry to put it out there. There were a LOT of people who believed in Broner and he was also being hyped like mad so it wasn't unreasonable to think he was the next big thing. I knew early on that he'd have serious problems because of his stiffness and inability to move laterally. Nothing wrong with backing someone you believe in though. I'm more impressed by positive words than those who just bash guys they don't like.

Comment

• He will never be fighter of the year let alone a decade

Comment

• As soon as Broner steps up to 147 his performance tumbles...badly. This guy was a 130lber who naturally grew into a lightweight, with a bit of discipline that is where he should have stayed for a while. He should have made the Gamboa fight, and other big fights that were there at the time. His whole problem (no pun intended) is that he believed this thread title also. He already thought he was on the level of Floyd, the finished article, and he is not. He thought he could jump weight divisions like they were nothing, he tried to do a Shane Mosley and jump straight to Welterweight from 135, but what he fails to realise is that Shane started his career at 135, was a huge lightweight and a knockout machine at the weight. So in his arrogance he goes to 147 and fights Paulie. He struggles to impose himself, and wins by split decision getting outworked for long periods, a guy who was beaten by a landslide against Ricky Hatton and Amir Khan. Alarm bells should have been ringing at this point, any promoter worth a damn would have realised that he was not a welterweight (not yet anyway) and he had got away with it, I did and I think half the posters here thought the same.

The thing is I don't think he listens to anyone, so he only has himself to blame. His career has been totally mishandled thus far, he got whipped by Maidana, a fight he should not have been in, and they still don't learn their lesson. He tries to fight another big guy a few fights later in Porter and this time tries to drain him, and still gets whipped. Even when Floyd progressed through weight divisions, he let his body naturally move up and did it progressively, and anyway he had a style to do it. Broner's arrogance is off the charts, which is why he will never fulfil his potential and quite frankly he has turned into a bit of a joke.

He is a 4 weight world champion and the only guy he beat who you can argue is even B-level is an over the hill Paulie. He literally has no good wins, just a handful of solid ones. He needs to start building towards fighting one of the belt holders at 140, the thing is now is that his flaws have been exposed so badly that I am not sure he can even beat the top guys at 40 either.

Comment

• bump

Comment

• 4 time champ in 4 divisions so far,lets see what he does the next 3 years...imagine if he unifies 140 and becomes lineal champ and picks up another title at 147 in the next 3 years

Comment

Working...
                      X