Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Diaz Warns Pacquiao About Bradley, Picks Floyd By KO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Comments Thread For: Diaz Warns Pacquiao About Bradley, Picks Floyd By KO

    When I last spoke with former lightweight champion David Diaz, he was in a bit of a somber mood, warning me that he would likely be retiring from the sport of boxing after fifteen years as a professional as opposed to showing interest in a possible date with Juan Manuel Marquez.

    [Click Here To Read More]

  • #2
    " Margarito was starting to catch him, and I believe Cotto was starting to die down"

    Really...

    Cotto had the best round before the fight was stopped.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by chibomber View Post
      " Margarito was starting to catch him, and I believe Cotto was starting to die down"

      Really...

      Cotto had the best round before the fight was stopped.
      I agree with diaz...although cotto was dominating marg when the fight was stopped there was a sense that tony was coming on...cotto looked ready for it to be over...cotto was punching a wall and the wall was closing in

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by marsatari View Post
        I agree with diaz...although cotto was dominating marg when the fight was stopped there was a sense that tony was coming on...cotto looked ready for it to be over...cotto was punching a wall and the wall was closing in
        No, there wasnt any sense. Only delusional hope from margarito fans. Margarito was a beaten man who sure as ***** looked like it in the ninth round. Of course he is a tough sob who has a chin and is gonna keep coming, but he wasnt able to land anything hard or effective the whole fight, no uppercuts no body work. He was just getting pushed around and eating hard shots.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
          No, there wasnt any sense. Only delusional hope from margarito fans. Margarito was a beaten man who sure as ***** looked like it in the ninth round. Of course he is a tough sob who has a chin and is gonna keep coming, but he wasnt able to land anything hard or effective the whole fight, no uppercuts no body work. He was just getting pushed around and eating hard shots.
          that's funny cus i had the same sense and so did everyone else watching the fight including many commentators etc. The truth is the fight was looking like the repeat of their 1st and Cotto was losing steam, Marg was coming on. And I'm not even a marg fan I can't stand him

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by DontGlassMeBro View Post
            that's funny cus i had the same sense and so did everyone else watching the fight including many commentators etc. The truth is the fight was looking like the repeat of their 1st and Cotto was losing steam, Marg was coming on. And I'm not even a marg fan I can't stand him
            lol, no. Some people had that same sense, most of them mexicans, and im calling it a simple case of delusional hope. Cotto had rendered margarito's offensive attack completely useless the entire fight. He wasnt landing anything effective, no body work to break down cotto and no uppercuts to bust him up. Cotto was a man on a mission, and completely outclassed margarito. And im not aware of one commentator who shared the same seniments as you.

            the seventh was by far maragritos best round imo, if the fight was stopped then than i could see your point. But it wasnt, and a couple more rounds happened where cotto regained control and had his way with margarito.

            Comment


            • #7
              Cotto was starting to die down?!

              [Content is Protected, Please Register For Free To Unlock This Content]

              Comment


              • #8
                I too started to notice Cotto fading but still dominating.
                Last edited by Discipline; 03-15-2012, 08:09 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Cotto's can pressure and do his thing and he will probably miss and get most of his punches blocked, I think the counters he takes won't be landing that clean because he'll be aware of it and he's too big for Floyd to have any mustard on his shots but if Cotto can make sure to stick a jab in Floyd's face whenever Floyd lets his own hands go, he'll break up Floyd's rhythm and it'll give him the chance to outwork Floyd and make him look bad. That's the best Cotto can do imo and that's plenty really. He's not gonna stop Floyd, he's not gonna dominate Floyd, he's not gonna outbox him or overwhelm him, Floyd's stronger than u think, faster than u think, smarter than u think, he'll box u, fight u, inside, outside, Floyd won't fight Cotto the way he fought Shane and Ortiz and those guys. He's gonna stay off the ropes this fight, turn Cotto, get inside on him and wear him down with short punches and when Cotto's softened up...get ready

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by DontGlassMeBro View Post
                    that's funny cus i had the same sense and so did everyone else watching the fight including many commentators etc. The truth is the fight was looking like the repeat of their 1st and Cotto was losing steam, Marg was coming on. And I'm not even a marg fan I can't stand him
                    LIke the first fight. Lol, what fight were you watching?

                    Cotto was just standing his ground trying to put it on Marg he wasn't fading and for sure it wasn't anything close to resembling their first fight.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X
                    TOP