No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Caballero Rips Juanma: Wants Salido Bout Right Now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tomasio View Post
    Can't let your self go by that 1 fight against Litzau..I've seen Caballero fight plenty of times & the Caballero that fought Litzau wasn't even a shadow of the well trained, on his toes, nonstop punching & constently throwing combinations Caballero that I'm used to seeing..When Caballero fought Litzau he was flat footed & wasn't really moving or punching & after a few rounds he even looked tired, it looked more like he really underestimated Litzau & just trained to make the weight, cause he was not in shape..I think a well trained Caballero will easily beat Salido & he'll also beat Juanma & that's the reason Juanma, his team & Arum were ducking Caballero..There's no doubt Salido is a tough, well conditioned fighter with a lot of heart that brings it on, but that doesn't take away the fact that he still is a class B fighter that has 11 looses & has been KO'd 4 times & the fact that he beat(KO'D) Juanma twice just prooves that Juanma was a very well camouflaged HYPE JOB that happens to hit really hard & also has heart, but Salid(who was hand picked for Juanma to easily add another W to his record) unmasked & showed the world what Juanma was really about & it's not cause Salido is anything special cause before Salido it was MtaGwa who exposed Juanma, but Juanma barely made it to the end & Juama's & his team excuse was the weight(he needed to go up) & before that it was a fighter by the name of Gilberto Bolanos that took Juanma to the distance for the 1st time & Juanma did not look good in that 8 rounder & his team's excuse(at the time) was that Juanma was that Juanma just needed more experience..
    Some people put too much credit on a gaudy undefeated record, and then wonder why the hype job gets beat. 11 losses have created a vary real Frankenstein in Salido, where Juanma's zero was a fabrication. See where I'm going with this. There is a mystique to an undefeated fighter, but false if it comes through protection, home cooking, cherry picking and cheating. The WBC has a chosen few, I won't name, getting the build up. One likes to drink and the other beats on little guys. A loss would be less of a digrace and up the learning curve.

Comment

That is what I am saying, I don't look much at the losses I look at the recent performances. Salido turned pro at 15 he was still a kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
        Some people put too much credit on a gaudy undefeated record, and then wonder why the hype job gets beat. 11 losses have created a vary real Frankenstein in Salido, where Juanma's zero was a fabrication. See where I'm going with this. There is a mystique to an undefeated fighter, but false if it comes through protection, home cooking, cherry picking and cheating. The WBC has a chosen few, I won't name, getting the build up. One likes to drink and the other beats on little guys. A loss would be less of a digrace and up the learning curve.
        True statements. The "zero" is a real carrot for the casual fan.

As for Salido: After the Gamboa fight, I've been telling anyone who'll listen not to let the eleven losses fool them. Orlando is the real deal. He's a late bloomer, a guy who made it up the ranks the hard way.

Comment

Just being able to hang with JMM, Robert Guerrero, gamboa shows that he is a good fighter. I knew he was a good fighter ever since I saw him beat on mtagwa and Mtawga did not want anymore of salido.

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          True statements. The "zero" is a real carrot for the casual fan.

As for Salido: After the Gamboa fight, I've been telling anyone who'll listen not to let the eleven losses fool them. Orlando is the real deal. He's a late bloomer, a guy who made it up the ranks the hard way.

Comment

Eerything that Caballero says may be quite true, but it's still obvious that he won't fight Lopez unless he gets what he says is "a good purse". An average/ordinary boxer will fight a world champion, knowing that he'll be beaten up badly, as long as he gets what he considers a good purse.

We see this all the time, that's why they fight....for money. The honour is/was only in amateur boxing, and that vanished as soon as the reasonably talented amateur saw that boxing could make him a good living, and at least set him up for life, travel all over the world and maybe, if lucky, live like a king with everybody happy to hear him just speak a word or two.

Not to mention seeing himself quoted in the news every time he burps........

That's why there are so many ignorant fighters, they don't take any time getting an education, they want to get at the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomasio View Post
              Can't let your self go by that 1 fight against Litzau..I've seen Caballero fight plenty of times & the Caballero that fought Litzau wasn't even a shadow of the well trained, on his toes, nonstop punching & constently throwing combinations Caballero that I'm used to seeing..When Caballero fought Litzau he was flat footed & wasn't really moving or punching & after a few rounds he even looked tired, it looked more like he really underestimated Litzau & just trained to make the weight, cause he was not in shape..I think a well trained Caballero will easily beat Salido & he'll also beat Juanma & that's the reason Juanma, his team & Arum were ducking Caballero..There's no doubt Salido is a tough, well conditioned fighter with a lot of heart that brings it on, but that doesn't take away the fact that he still is a class B fighter that has 11 looses & has been KO'd 4 times & the fact that he beat(KO'D) Juanma twice just prooves that Juanma was a very well camouflaged HYPE JOB that happens to hit really hard & also has heart, but Salid(who was hand picked for Juanma to easily add another W to his record) unmasked & showed the world what Juanma was really about & it's not cause Salido is anything special cause before Salido it was MtaGwa who exposed Juanma, but Juanma barely made it to the end & Juama's & his team excuse was the weight(he needed to go up) & before that it was a fighter by the name of Gilberto Bolanos that took Juanma to the distance for the 1st time & Juanma did not look good in that 8 rounder & his team's excuse(at the time) was that Juanma was that Juanma just needed more experience..
              Salido is a very tough guy, all his KO losses were early in his career, the last one being well over 10 years ago. So he's a late bloomer. I'm not saying that Caballero is not a very good fighter, but he's about 6' tall, and I'd say, a body attack would break him down. He's usually 6 inches taller than any of his opponents. It must kill him to make the weight.

Apart from Barros he hasn't had a really decent opponent since he KO'd the unbeaten Molitor for his title, and it was by far the best I've ever seen him look. And he's now in his mid-thirties.

Comment

I would still like for Lopez and Caba to finally square off the time is now I highly doubt it though.

Comment

Caballero must be dreaming for as long as Bob is in control Caba won't get his chance fighting against Top Rank fighters.....

Comment

Caballero is so underrated. He's not in his prime anymore, but he's still good. He can beat Salido.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                      Eerything that Caballero says may be quite true, but it's still obvious that he won't fight Lopez unless he gets what he says is "a good purse". An average/ordinary boxer will fight a world champion, knowing that he'll be beaten up badly, as long as he gets what he considers a good purse.

We see this all the time, that's why they fight....for money. The honour is/was only in amateur boxing, and that vanished as soon as the reasonably talented amateur saw that boxing could make him a good living, and at least set him up for life, travel all over the world and maybe, if lucky, live like a king with everybody happy to hear him just speak a word or two.

Not to mention seeing himself quoted in the news every time he burps........

That's why there are so many ignorant fighters, they don't take any time getting an education, they want to get at the money.
                      Caballero is better than Lopez.....

Comment

Working...
                      X