Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Mikey Garcia make an impression last night?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked his performance. He didn't let the crowd dictate his pace. He built momentum and took Bernabe out.

Didn't have to go life and death with him like Juanma.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
      I liked his performance. He didn't let the crowd dictate his pace. He built momentum and took Bernabe out.

Didn't have to go life and death with him like Juanma.
      That's what I do not get. Garcia basically outboxed & stopped his guy making it look easy. Now while back & forth action is ok, seeing a young counter puncher work that effectively at his age is rather slammin!!

Comment

He's never wowed me, but I don't hold it against him. Garcia's not a flashy fighter, he will probably rarely wow audiences. He's a solid fighter with solid fundamentals and heavy hands, and he will be tough to beat, that much is for certain.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          He's never wowed me, but I don't hold it against him. Garcia's not a flashy fighter, he will probably rarely wow audiences. He's a solid fighter with solid fundamentals and heavy hands, and he will be tough to beat, that much is for certain.
          He does remind me of Vitali in that sense. Call him boring all you like, however his foes usually leave the ring slept.

Comment

TS is right, Mikey should hang the gloves up.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
              This is my opinion. For someone who is in line to face the winner of Salido/Juanma, I dont think he did enough to impress the networks or draw any interest from the casual fanbase. Granted, he is a solid boxer and has all the fundamentals, but he didnt do anything that would make anyone say "wow, I cant wait to see him in the ring again". He was in the ring with a mediocre opponent and it showed. Not to mention Garcia has absolutely no noteworthy names on his 28-0 resume. If you ask me, he isnt ready for the likes of a Broner, Salido, Gamboa, etc.
              He beats Rios when they spar......if that tells you something. Mikey is a very good fighter and he will prove it soon beating Salido comfortably.

Comment

Originally posted by BartBears View Post
                He beats Rios when they spar......if that tells you something. Mikey is a very good fighter and he will prove it soon beating Salido comfortably.
                I agree...........

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  He does remind me of Vitali in that sense. Call him boring all you like, however his foes usually leave the ring slept.
                  Exactly. He methodically breaks you down yet still manages to make it boring. I have nothing against Mikey. Seems like a well rounded guy. All I'm stating is that given his textbook style, I dont see him drawing much interest from the casuals nor am I seeing the networks taking much interest as far as matching him up against some of the top guys in the division due to his non crowd pleasing style. What they need to do is throw him in there with a balls to the wall brawler to see how he handles that. It would make for an exciting stylistic matchup and a good test for Mikey.

Comment

............yes

Comment

It wasn't the most entertaining but he dominated every second of the fight and stopped his opponent. Maybe when he fights someone better it will be more suspenseful it was easy work for Garcia.

Comment

Working...
                      X