Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Showtimes Jim Grey or hbo's Larry Merchant??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both are straight forward. I think Jim Grey speaks the obvious truth where sometimes Merchant uses the platform to express his true feelings about a fighter sometimes, but he is entertaining

Comment

I like Jim more, but I still prefer HBO over Showtime.

Comment

Don't like either of them, both are from the school of got ya journalism and going after dudes after fights is always going to lead to dudes saying stupid shit, and that is not even taking into account that most boxers are not known for their solid reasoning skills in the best of situations.

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
          Jim Gray all day and its not even close. Jim Gray gets right to the point and calls dudes out. Jim Gray is legend.
          this^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Merchant is the greatest of all time. Jim Gray is just an *******. He asks good questions some times, but more often than not, I think he is wildly inappropriate with his line of questioning.

Comment

i dislike both of them

jim grey gets way too offended when something he dislikes is said

max kellerman > all

Comment

2 big ppv's last year. merchant said there's no way a man can win a fight running. Reffering to Marquez against Pacman when Marquez wasn't running he was using angles & making Pacman look silly.

Then in the very next big ppv event, he goes on to say that Miguel Cotto was winning the fight running away from Margarito. Bias much?

1 day it's one thing with him, the next the opposite. Grey keeps it steady & consistant.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  2 big ppv's last year. merchant said there's no way a man can win a fight running. Reffering to Marquez against Pacman when Marquez wasn't running he was using angles & making Pacman look silly.

Then in the very next big ppv event, he goes on to say that Miguel Cotto was winning the fight running away from Margarito. Bias much?

1 day it's one thing with him, the next the opposite. Grey keeps it steady & consistant.
                  Well can Jim Grey do color commentating. All he does is interviews. If you're going to compare them at least put a Merchant interviews as examples not what he did with color commentating since Jim Grey doesn't and can't do it.

If that's the case then that proves Merchant is still better since he isn't a one trick pony.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
                    Well can Jim Grey do color commentating. All he does is interviews. If you're going to compare them at least put a Merchant interviews as examples not what he did with color commentating since Jim Grey doesn't and can't do it.

If that's the case then that proves Merchant is still better since he isn't a one trick pony.
                    Not comparing them to comentating. I was using Merchant's inconsitencies to solidify why Greys consistancies are better.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                      Not comparing them to comentating. I was using Merchant's inconsitencies to solidify why Greys consistancies are better.
                      But, how can you use that against Merchant. When you do NOT know of Jim Grey "inconsistencies" in calling the fights? Since he doesn't do color commentating?

Comment

Working...
                      X