Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dan Rafael: They will match Garcia with Caballero. IMO.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garcia beats Juanma, Salido, and Caballero.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
      That goes without saying. But he is also gaining a ton of weight between fights.

He should try a heavier weight.
      The thing Phantom, I don't see any top names Juan Ma could beat at 130 and 135. . Broner is pretty much the only guy at 130 with a name, well aside from Uchiyama who is prolly gonna unify with Broner next. . At 135, you got Vazquez, Burns, Demarco, Linares, and probably Gamboa now (if he gets shyt settled). . . All of those guys are better than Juan Ma. . .

I think he should stay at 126, and try his hand at another beltholder. . .

Who knows. . . I think he still has some good fights left in him.

Comment

But DAMN I LOVE Garcia vs. Caballero! My boy Mikey will win, though. . . Too accurate, crisp, and powerful of a puncher. . Caballero has very good balance, and can impose his awkward style on most guys, but Garcia is just too sound. . His straighter punches will be landing first. . .

PLEASE make this fight Top Rank! Or, if Garcia gets Salido, make JUan Ma vs. Caballero? I'd favor Juan Ma over Caballero too. . .

Comment

He should have been fighting Cabs last night to begin with, I don't really want that fight, I want Salido-Garcia dammit......I'm forgetting this is Top Rank we're dealing with though

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
            He should have been fighting Cabs last night to begin with, I don't really want that fight, I want Salido-Garcia dammit......I'm forgetting this is Top Rank we're dealing with though
            Nah, I don't want to see Salido-Garcia. Not yet.

The type of fight Salido had last night it is the type of fight that might take years out of a fighter career. Considering that Saldio has been fighting as a pro since being a kid against grown men. He is older in ring years than his actual age.

I have no problem and actually would like to see Salido have a 1 or 2 easy paydays. This dude deserves. And, in the mean time have Garcia step up in level. Like against a Caballero. Maybe at the end of the year or early-mid next year should Garcia-Salido happen.

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
              The thing Phantom, I don't see any top names Juan Ma could beat at 130 and 135. . Broner is pretty much the only guy at 130 with a name, well aside from Uchiyama who is prolly gonna unify with Broner next. . At 135, you got Vazquez, Burns, Demarco, Linares, and probably Gamboa now (if he gets shyt settled). . . All of those guys are better than Juan Ma. . .

I think he should stay at 126, and try his hand at another beltholder. . .

Who knows. . . I think he still has some good fights left in him.
              How much fun would Katsidis-Juanma be?

Comment

mikey needs to be challenged.So any of them would be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                  How much fun would Katsidis-Juanma be?
                  itd be fun to everyone but juanma. i dont think juanma needs that type of fight anytime soon

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                    itd be fun to everyone but juanma. i dont think juanma needs that type of fight anytime soon
                    True. But if he can fight a few times at 135 he might feel rejuvenated. Katsidis on the downside and could be there for the taking.

Comment

Caballero is a better all around boxer than Salido, but Salido would push Mikey to the brink with his relentless pressure. He'd force Garcia to open up more that's for sure. If Mikey can beat Celestino handily, I'll have more faith in him. They should do a double header in July/August, with Garcia-Caballero and Salido-Marquez/Gonzalez. Have the winners fight each other.

Lopez should go to 130. Maybe he'll feel better there, and there are some belt holders that he could beat there, aside from Broner and probably Uchiyama. Lopez could probably still beat someone like Salgado.

Comment

Working...
                      X