Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the better resume Pernell Whitaker or Manny Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alot of posters are making this a manny vs pernell thread,,,

Its actually about who has the better resume... I think pernell the better fighter but resume wise manny has done more,

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      alot of posters are making this a manny vs pernell thread,,,

Its actually about who has the better resume... I think pernell the better fighter but resume wise manny has done more,
      Whitaker has Nelson, Ramirez, Mayweather, Chavez SR, Vasquez, Mcgirrt, Pineda and arguably prime Delahoya

Manny has Lehdwaba, Barrera, Morales, Marquez, Hatton, Cotto, Clottey, arguably prime Bradley

??

Comment

• Pernell Whitaker clearly has the better resume.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madjab View Post
          Whitaker has Nelson, Ramirez, Mayweather, Chavez SR, Vasquez, Mcgirrt, Pineda and arguably prime Delahoya

Manny has Lehdwaba, Barrera, Morales, Marquez, Hatton, Cotto, Clottey, arguably prime Bradley

??

Good breakdown,,, But the thing to consider is that pernell got a draw with chavez and not a win, manny fought his guys multiple times when it comes to MAB JMM EM and went 6-2-1,, and he absolutely destroyed lineal champs barrera and hatton,, plus fighter of the decade honors,, 3 fighter of the year awards,, And he totally beat Bradley, while oscar-pernell could have gone either way,, pernell was robbed vs chavez though so it all evens out.....pineada, ramirez, mayweather were all good fighters but not great like mab, jmm, EM,, Hatton is more on the ramirez pineada level... Plus manny fought for titles in 8 divisions even though the 8th one is crap... pernell was 135, 140, 147, 154 to manny's 112, 122, 126, 130, 140, 147,, and i didnt even include 135 and 154 for manny...
          Manny's resume is crazy,, Dude has been taking big fights every year for over a decade...
          Manny has the better resume... And Pernell is in my top 5, but his resume jsut doesnt add up to manny's

Comment

• I'm going with Sweet Pea

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              Good breakdown,,, But the thing to consider is that pernell got a draw with chavez and not a win, manny fought his guys multiple times when it comes to MAB JMM EM and went 6-2-1,, and he absolutely destroyed lineal champs barrera and hatton,, plus fighter of the decade honors,, 3 fighter of the year awards,, And he totally beat Bradley, while oscar-pernell could have gone either way,, pernell was robbed vs chavez though so it all evens out.....pineada, ramirez, mayweather were all good fighters but not great like mab, jmm, EM,, Hatton is more on the ramirez pineada level... Plus manny fought for titles in 8 divisions even though the 8th one is crap... pernell was 135, 140, 147, 154 to manny's 112, 122, 126, 130, 140, 147,, and i didnt even include 135 and 154 for manny...
              Manny's resume is crazy,, Dude has been taking big fights every year for over a decade...
              Manny has the better resume... And Pernell is in my top 5, but his resume jsut doesnt add up to manny's
              Did you see Whitaker vs Chavez? That'd be like a poster giving Bradley a win over Manny.

Manny steam rolled Hatton and Diaz but who the hell were they at the time? Diaz jobbed old azz Morales. Arum just neeeded a mexican to raise manny profile.

Vasquez was infinitely better at 154 than Morales at 130. And Whitaker kicked his ass, Pac got beat up.
              Last edited by Madjab; 07-26-2013, 09:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madjab View Post

??
                Sweat Pea IMO is one best WW ever (top 3). His resume is better by the way.

Behind only the Sugar Rays

Comment

• Pac never beat anyone as great as Sr or Nelson. Fact.

Comment

• i hate to be a spoiler, but if you have to ask this question then you definitely don't know **** about boxing. sweet pea fought fighters who were in their prime and not at catch weights. paquiao never fought anyone who could actually move around the ring and had the hand speed of a mayweather or whitaker. good counter punchers would destroy pac and this was proven by marquez on numerous occasions.

Comment

• Originally posted by heavyhands702 View Post
                      i hate to be a spoiler, but if you have to ask this question then you definitely don't know **** about boxing. sweet pea fought fighters who were in their prime and not at catch weights. paquiao never fought anyone who could actually move around the ring and had the hand speed of a mayweather or whitaker. good counter punchers would destroy pac and this was proven by marquez on numerous occasions.
                      easy enough.

Comment

Working...
                      X