Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the better resume Pernell Whitaker or Manny Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all i know is Whitaker would make Manny look terrible head to head

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
      Sweet Pea would've embarrassed Pacquiao H2H...I voted Pernell in the poll but really their resumes are pretty much equal in my eyes.

tatang telling people to look at things without bias
      Yes, that's right. Had you looked carefully, you would have noticed that I have not stated any particular preference either way. I merely showed two videos so people can compare and make their own intelligent assessment as to who is the better boxer between the two.

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
        all i know is Whitaker would make Manny look terrible head to head
        Whitaker would make Pacquiao look like how Mayweather made Marquez look. Technically Sweat Pea is much better than Pacquiao. Pacquiao can't even convincingly defeat Marquez in 3 tries in 8 years, how the hell would he beat Whitaker? These guys on this board are crazy

Comment

Posters like check hooks and bombs need to be banned for their idiotic and bias posts.

Comment

Originally posted by tatangb45 View Post
            Did you watch the videos?
            If you have, then be more specific. In Which department would you say Pernell is a better boxer than Pac? Speed? Accuracy? Power? Work rate? Movement?
            Why didn't you put defense?

Anywho....
            Speed id probably give to Pac & Accuracy Whitaker....but the fact that Sweat Pea is the far more accurate puncher negates Pacs advantage in speed. Who was faster Pacquiao or Morales? Pacquiao or Marquez? Pac was faster than both of them and he got out boxed by both of them. As a matter of fact an old washed up Morales outboxed a young fast & powerful Pacquiao.

Work rate? Pacquiao BUT work rate doesnt mean anything if your opponent is more accurate and he has a superior defense. All that means is that the more accurate counter puncher would be able to land when he wants. Also work rate diminishes when the better defender and more accurate counter puncher is beating you to the punch. Here are some stats for you...

Pac vs Marquez III he threw 578 punches
            Pac vs Mosley he threw 727 punches
            Pac vs Margarito he threw 1069 punches
            Pac vs Clottey he threw 1231 punches
            Pac vs Cotto he threw 780 punches
            Pac vs Marquez II threw 511 punches

What happened to Pacquiaos amazing work rate vs Marquez? ......Whitaker is a much better defensive fighter than Marquez & you are telling me that Mannys work rate would be high vs one of the best defensive technicians ever?

Movement? Sweat Pea for sure, Pac wasn't even able to cut off the ring vs Shane Mosley.

Defense? Does Pac even know what defense is? Sweat Pea of course
            Last edited by Atreyu Khalil; 03-10-2012, 10:49 PM. Reason: had some spelling typos, i type fast lol

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
              Why didn't you put defense?

Anywho....
              Speed id probably give to Pac & Accuracy Whitaker....but the fact that Sweat Pea is the far more accurate puncher negates Pacs advantage in speed. Who was faster Pacquiao or Morales? Pacquiao or Marquez? Pac was faster than both of them and he got our boxed by both of them. As a matter of fact an old washed up Morales outboxed a young fast & powerful Pacquiao.

Work rate? Pacquiao BUT work rate doesnt mean anything if your opponent is more accurate and he has a superior defense. All that means is that the more accurate counter puncher would be able to land when he wants. Also work rate diminishes when the better defender and more accurate counter puncher is beating you to the punch. Here are some stats for you...

Pac vs Marquez III he threw 578 punches
              Pac vs Mosley he threw 727 punches
              Pac vs Margarito he threw 1069 punches
              Pac vs Clottey he threw 1231
              Pac vs Cotto he threw 780
              Pac vs Marquez II threw 511

What happened to Pacquiaos amazing work rate vs Marquez? ......Whitaker is a much better defensive fighter than Marquez & you are telling me that Mannys work rate would be high vs one of the best defensive technicians ever?

Movement? Sweat Pea for sure, Pac wasn't even able to cut off the ring vs Shane Mosley.

Defense? Does Pac even know what defense is? Sweat Pea of course
              now thats a pin point post..............Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                now thats a pin point post..............Rockin'
                Sweat peas defense was much to superior for Manny IMO. Manny is a good fighter but its ten proven he has problems with technical fighters.

I mean a 38 year old JMM held Pac to his lowest punch output in his last 5 fights. a 38 year old JMM!!!! A prime Whitaker would puzzle him no doubt

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                  His resume is only top 10 if you don't know boxing history. You clearly don't.
                  You clearly just want to start ****......

PM me and we will settle this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Invincible View Post
                    You clearly just want to start ****......

PM me and we will settle this.
                    that dude is wild....

Comment

• Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post

Ledwaba?? That dude is trash are you for real? Who the **** is Ledwaba?

The first Barrera win was good, the 2nd fight Barrera was 4 years later and MAB was already passed on the decline and just came off a loss to Juan Manuel Marquez.

Erik Morales? Pac got outboxed by a washed up Morales then only beat him after Zahir Raheem boxed his ears off.

Jorge Solis? who the **** is Jorge Solis?

De La hoya? fighting Oscar at a weight he didn't fight at in 8 years?? really?

Hatton? After Mayweather knocked him out?

Miguel Cotto? @ a catchweight after Cotto struggled with Joshua Clottey?

Antonio Margarito? The over rated bricked gloved cheater?

Shane Mosley? After he declined to fight Mosley when he was the #1 ranked WW? After Mosley came off 2 terrible fights vs Mayweather & Mora? After Bob Arum said Mosley was pretty much over the hill & old and didn't deserve a fight with Pac because he was an aging fighter?

Lets get real man
                      Newsflash stupid, I'm not ****ting on your hero or anything but if you think Pernell is anywhere remotely supposed to be in the same discussion with Pacquiao resume-wise seriously follow a sport you know anything about at all.

SERIOUSLY. I have zero humor here.

Stick to thinking he would win a head to head matchup or something because on resume's, you fail miserably.

P.S. Anyones resume can be picked apart like that so try being original.
                      The prime ATG Barrera win alone craps all over anything Pernell ever did.

Comment

Working...
                      X