No announcement yet.

How much damage did lopez absorb?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much damage did lopez absorb?

The man got beat up bad that night and im not talking about swelling but, power shots... After a few righthands from salido, will tell if juamma is in for a long night in part II... Some fighters are never the same after so much punishment... Comment???

don't think Lopez will be badly compromised, at least not physically
    he just won't be as confident
    he wore down vs Mtagwa because he was a fellow puncher
    Salido gave him back the power he was putting out and stopped him
    Lopez isn't ruined or damaged, but he'll be discouraged when hit
    think Salido will beat him again, maybe not by KO though
    he'll just have the psychological edge on Lopez
    punchers aren't themselves without peak confidence

Comment

Yo nap, lopez didn,t look right after the knockdown... He seemed to be more hitable after... And that big bodyshot just seem to take all the steam out of juamma...

Comment

lopez wins this one 1 billion straight bet anybody?

Comment

Lopez absorbed a good amount of punishment. When Salido wasn't landing his overhand right and left hook to the head, he's working the body (one of the best body punchers in boxing).

Salido's great at fighting southpaws, especially southpaws that have Lopez' style. He sets up his head shots well against them and if he isn't landing it, his dedicated body work helps make Lopez' already porous defense even worse.

Guerrero absorbed more head shots (Salido landed just as clean and solid on Guerrero (Guerrero's adjusted his style since then, but he was very similar to Lopez at 126)), but never looked visibly hurt and was able to go all 12. Lopez doesn't handle the shots as good as Guerrero and it will show again.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
            Lopez absorbed a good amount of punishment. When Salido wasn't landing his overhand right and left hook to the head, he's working the body (one of the best body punchers in boxing).

Salido's great at fighting southpaws, especially southpaws that have Lopez' style. He sets up his head shots well against them and if he isn't landing it, his dedicated body work helps make Lopez' already porous defense even worse.

Guerrero absorbed more head shots (Salido landed just as clean and solid on Guerrero (Guerrero's adjusted his style since then, but he was very similar to Lopez at 126)), but never looked visibly hurt and was able to go all 12. Lopez doesn't handle the shots as good as Guerrero and it will show again.

Pretty much this. I don't think he took any permanent damage or anything, but there has to be that little part of him that remembers. The fight wasn't close...and he never hurt Salido from what I remember. Juanma was badly hurt during the fight though, he never recovered...

I do have to give Juanma serious props though on how he ended that fight. He was still trying to fight back til the end. Can't knock him for lack of heart. I want to see him win, I just don't know what he can do different with his skill set to win.. Maybe he's more talented than I give him credit for though so lets see. Looking forward to it and god willing nobody is seriously hurt.

Comment

the people who say the fight was stopped prematurely need to hear lopez slur his words at the end of the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by elplayapimp View Post
                the people who say the fight was stopped prematurely need to hear lopez slur his words at the end of the fight.
                .......it was a great stoppage

Comment

Very good stoppage...

Comment

he just took more

Comment

Working...
                    X