No announcement yet.

Pacquiao could face two years in prison over alleged tax discrepancies

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AFighter4U View Post
    meh. you people are obviously ignorant of philippine politics. the current administration is in a suing spree, putting into trial either by the courts or by media, people connected to the previous administration.

though manny is partially responsible for this current mess, just as in his previous mistakes, he will duke it out and eventually deal with it.

worst case scenario, even IF he failed to pay the required amount of taxes, its a merely simple matter of having the accountants make the necessary adjustments and pay the penalties incurred.

you guys are just over reacting. its not like manny was actually convicted of assaulting women........
    So, no jail time for tax evaders in the PI?

Comment

lol, i love it.

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
        That's it??? Because he didnt hand over paperwork???
        same thing I was thinking....there must be a fight going on we don't know about....Manny is too large over there for this to be a issue....like I said, some other ish must be going on behind the curtain....as usual!!

imagine Manny sitting in jail over there for THIS....get real, dude run dam near the whole country....he's a ICON and his followers will burn whatever jail down he's in and bust him outta there...no joke!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
          lmfao............someone make a picture of manny in jail like they did floyd
          well that's stupid.

unlike floyd, manny was NEVER convicted of a crime and thus didn't experience jail time.

Comment

LOL. . At least Pacquiao didn't take out a 500k loan @ 19% interest to buy a friggen Mercedes, ONLY to have it REPO'D!!!

Nor is Pacquiao a deplorable female-beater. . . Floyd beating on women in front of his kids. That's what FEAR will do to a man. . . FEAR - makes a man act funny, and exhibit "courage" over weaker ones like women.

Comment

So all he has to do is submit some paper work or pay a penalty?

Sounds like a non issue to me unless your a hater.

Lol @ Jrose constant attempt to be liked by everyone on NSB.

Comment

Originally posted by Hallaqsillaq View Post
                So, no jail time for tax evaders in the PI?
                first of all, manny is being QUESTIONED on his payment of taxes. he isn't proven to have evaded paying taxes. that's why the government is requesting that he provide them with his tax-related records.

secondly, ASSUMING he has been found to have been remiss in his tax payments, the government doesn't immediately break down the doors to his house, throw him in jail and throw away the keys (though i'm sure a number of posters here wish it were the case). our laws allow companies and individuals to coordinate with the government in paying the proper taxes.

Comment

Originally posted by AFighter4U View Post
                  well that's stupid.

unlike floyd, manny was NEVER convicted of a crime and thus didn't experience jail time.
                  i remember when floyd had tax issues and manny ******s were saying he's going to jail.so imma have fun with this

Comment

I think Mayweather's County jail is more comfortable than than the prison Pacquiao will be in. I hope the USA authorities won't want to hear from Pacquiao as well, things could get even worse after the dude has been pretending to be the Deputy Catholic Pope for long. You cant cheat your way through life like that Pacquiao,
                    dodgey boxing record,
                    possible steroids use
                    catchweights
                    pretending to be making as much money as Mayweather
                    tax fraud

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
                      same thing I was thinking....there must be a fight going on we don't know about....Manny is too large over there for this to be a issue....like I said, some other ish must be going on behind the curtain....as usual!!

imagine Manny sitting in jail over there for THIS....get real, dude run dam near the whole country....he's a ICON and his followers will burn whatever jail down he's in and bust him outta there...no joke!!!
                      you know Sekondz, you hit the nail on the head.

its purely politics what's happening here. it really is a non issue and should be treated as such. unfortunately, some folks here can't help but rejoice and sing hosannas whenever they hear anything negative regarding manny.

Comment

Working...
                      X