No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Orlando Salido is Not Leaving Anything To Chance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Orlando Salido is Not Leaving Anything To Chance

By Jake Donovan - If there’s one lesson that has been learned in the oft-hard luck career of Orlando, it’s to never rest on his laurels.

Not even the sweet taste of success from last year’s monster upset stoppage win over previously unbeaten Juan Manuel Lopez was enough to change who he has always been – a business-first fighter who remains grateful for the opportunities thrown his way.

It was why the 31-year old chose to remain active in 2011 in the absence of big fights to complement what he achieved in Puerto Rico last April. Two stay busy fights remained a far more productive year than sitting on his ass waiting for whatever opportunity comes his way.

It is also why this weekend’s featherweight title fight rematch returns to La Isla Encanta, rather than Salido holding out for something much closer to home. The Mexican didn’t in any way attempt to use his newfound championship status for any kind of leverage.

Instead, he picked up a couple of wins and then when the moment came, signed on the dotted line to once again face Lopez. The fight takes place at Coliseo Roberto Clemente in San Juan, once again airing on Showtime (Saturday, 10PM ET/PT).

The terms could have been better, but for Salido they were simply good enough to move forward.

“It didn’t matter to me where the fight took place. I don’t care where I fight, I just care that I fight,” said Salido (37-11-2, 25KO), who rides a three-fight win streak heading into this weekend. “I went to Puerto Rico to face him the first time because I wanted the fight and I wanted his title. [Click Here To Read More]

I hope Juanma wins this but I see him getting K.O., and if they don't stop it he might get hurt, unless 1 they worked on defense,
    2 they work on a strategy,
    or 3 they rob Solido.
    Hopefully not 3.

Comment

Another classical showdown between a Rican and a Mexican. The Aztec Warrior will come out victorious.

Comment

Wow it is very difficult not to respect Salido or root for him to be victorious. He is a true professional. No BS, just sign on the dotted line and fight. What a concept! Wish all of so-called echelon elite fighters would practice the same mantra. That being said this is a crossroad fight for Juanma and he knows it. I am going with Juama primarily because of the potential super fights in the future…Gamboa etc.

Comment

Im rooting for Salido. Im sure he can pull this off. He need another KO for fighting in Juan-ma hometown

Comment

Very smart fighter. Orlando's success has made him a more confident athlete as well as determined.
            Salido repeats his KO triumph, possibly 6th or 7th stanza.

Comment

Working...
            X