Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gamboa purse: $1.1 million + $100k if he wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if that is true he's getting more than what he's worth.

Comment

HE HAS NOT SAID ITS A MONEY ISSUE!!! Maybe some of the rumors are correct in saying he is being forced to multi fight contract or maybe its something else.

Comment

I don't thing Gamboa would beat Rios but for arguments sake lets say he did. You're giving up 1.2 million dollars for this fight and probably a fight in the fall that would be somewhere in the neighborhood of 500-750,000 dollars all because you want to break from TR? So you're willing to ditch 2 million dollars because you can't gut out a few fights? Honestly, does he think pulling out will be more lucrative in the future? I have major doubts.

Comment

Originally posted by Dedication View Post
          Fair enough. Let me also mention Timothy Bradley got that same amount, if not more, for fighting Casamayor.
          That's because HBO promised him that payday no matter who he fought. He earned it by doing a hell of a lot more than Gamboa.
          Last edited by bojangles1987; 03-06-2012, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Well then what is Gamboa not happy about?

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
              I don't thing Gamboa would beat Rios but for arguments sake lets say he did. You're giving up 1.2 million dollars for this fight and probably a fight in the fall that would be somewhere in the neighborhood of 500-750,000 dollars all because you want to break from TR? So you're willing to ditch 2 million dollars because you can't gut out a few fights? Honestly, does he think pulling out will be more lucrative in the future? I have major doubts.
              if he beats Rios no matter who he fights next granted it is on HBO he will make much more money than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                HE HAS NOT SAID ITS A MONEY ISSUE!!! Maybe some of the rumors are correct in saying he is being forced to multi fight contract or maybe its something else.
                I don't see what the problem is with a multi fight deal. He's making over a million for this fight and no matter what he's gonna rake 500,000 plus for future fights. How much is Mayweather Promotions gonna get this kid? He has no fan base and is a freaking featherweight. It's not like featherweight has ever been a huge interest and lets face it, how many big fights are there to be had atm? Not that many. This kid is over valuing himself or has the wrong people in his ear.

The reason he's pulling out is because he realizes he bit off more than he can chew. Rios would beat him to a pulp.

Comment

Originally posted by ManBearG-Dog View Post
                  Well then what is Gamboa not happy about?
                  That gamboa is the opponent

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                    Wayyy more then that actually

Comment

Ha! I knew I was right! I said that HBO put up around 2.5 million for the card. . Alvarado is prolly getting 100-150k. . . His opponent around 75k.

Comment

Working...
                      X