Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gamboa speaks wants fair deal and Rios fight: "The Contracts aren't signed"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm having real mixed emotions about this. It seems like there's miscommunication going on between Gamboa/his people/Top Rank.

Some people are saying it's a bully move by TR, some believe that Gamboa waited way too long to get this message out to the boxing public, etc etc. I agree with both sides of the argument. What I definitely don't agree with is "Gamboa is scared", that is a dumb statement. At the end of the day, Gamboa should look out for himself, first and foremost. Arum has his own agenda, and if you fit perfectly within it, he will exploit you.

Comment

• Gamboa is such a poosy coward. He is dead scared. Why wait till now to throw a fit?? We all know you are scum Gamboa. Fokk you. Ig I run into him in the street I will slap him.

Comment

• what a joke, he aint no superstar how much money does he think he deserves he aint a draw effing ******

Comment

• i hope the fight happens

but i hope that it gets pushed back and placed on the Pac/Bradley card!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
            why is all this happening now? why did he let it go this far only to NOW say somethign?

dude, U SIGNED THE CONTRACT? Why did your lawyer allow you to sign it? Did he not lay it out to you? What is different about it now, than when you signed?

Gamboa, look man, you're NOT a "star" in boxing. . . If anything, Rios is the A-side as far as attracting fans. . . If you want to promote yourself, or have a deal where you onyl work with promotors on a per fight basis, FINISH OUT YOUR CONTRACT, save your dough up, and then starting putting up the money for your half of the fights. . SIMPLE!

But this is not cool. . .
            he never signed for the fight num nuts. this is all a big mess and will end up hurting gamboas carerer

Comment

• Originally posted by mrlopez View Post
              but i hope that it gets pushed back and placed on the Pac/Bradley card!!!

It won't get put on the Pac/Bradley card, however, I do see it being pushed back to late June /early July.

Comment

• For those trying to blame Arum and Top Rank, remember Gamboa and his team are the ones who pushed for this fight.

The idea came from them, and once Rios was down, it was assumed this fight would be easy to make.

People say "why promote a fight that isn't signed", well when you have a fighter who demands a fight and it's against an in house fighter who immediately signs, it's impossible to image a road block like this would come up.

Still Arum should just come out of pocket and give Yuri some extra money to make this fight happen.

Yuri wins, then it's a fight at 140 and a mega fight with Pacquiao. Rios wins, then a fight against Marquez at 140lbs would be huge and the winner could then take on Pacquiao.

Either way, it makes a ton of sense to lose money now (arum coming out of pocket) because the rewards down the line (bigger fights for both) would fair out way whatever bob has to give to Yuri to make this fight happen.

Rios vs Marquez in Texas is PPV worthy, and the winner against Manny is a 1.2-1.4 million dollar PPV event in itself.

Comment

• Good for Gamboa......Get what you deserve from those scum bags over at Top Rank.
                  I will never believe that Gamboa is scared of Rios.

I said it before and I will say it again.........Gamboa would toy with Rios.
                  Gamboa's style is all wrong for a guy like Rios who is just a brawler.

Yes Rios is a risk ( 2 weight classes up ) and I feel Gamboa should be well compensated for taking a fight of that magnitude.

Guys like Alexander, bradley, and Berto make like 1.3 million per fight. Neither of these fighters is a big draw.

Your telling me that Guys like Gamboa, Rios , Donaire, Broner, are lesser fighters than those guys?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fvck LamarSmith View Post
                    For those trying to blame Arum and Top Rank, remember Gamboa and his team are the ones who pushed for this fight.
                    They pushed for the fight and now they're ducking it. What a bunch of ducks and clowns. I do hope this guy ends up with his fellow pu&&y. I'd just ignore this nobody if I were Arum.

Comment

• its easy to see what gamboa is doing here. he knows top rank is not going to cancel this fight because its so huge. hes just waiting out as long as he can until top rank offers him more money or a better deal for the fight. Im sure hes in training camp right now getting ready for the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X