Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People being very unfair to Chavez Jr. How is he a fraud?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This guy is a sorry excuse for a fighter right now, He isn't the first and only fighter who had no amateur background, I use to defend him because he had a difficult name to follow and the fact that he was young and had limited amateur fights, But he isn't young anymore and the way he has been protected by a boxing organisation is an absolute disgrace, I hate calling boxer who get hit for a living a fraud but he comes close to it and this isn't just about Martinez, it's about the way the WBC would have him "Weigh in" even when he doesn't make weight but they would somehow record his official weight when in reality he didn't make weight, They have done that for him in about 2 fights, then there is the illegal substance found in his system, and then him basically been giving a belt that belongs to someone else, then decisions that people felt like he doesn't deserve in fights etc

It's difficult not to call him names but I hope he proves me wrong in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
      Lol Martinez does THE EXACT SAME THING people say Chavez does - refuse to fight the best. . . Martinez wants 50/50 to fight Chavez - ain't gonna happen. . BWHAHAHAHA Sergio can't get more than 2, maybe 3k fans to come out. . WITH TICKETS GIVEN AWAY!

Chavez puts 15k asses in seats. . .
      The Barker fight had an attendance of 4,376 with a $485,000 gate. Some of those tickets were given away, but not terrible considering the opponent. Even Chavez doesn't sell well in the US with a crappy opponent. Only 3,828 tickets were sold with a $442,160 gate against Manfredo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        This guy is a sorry excuse for a fighter right now, He isn't the first and only fighter who had no amateur background, I use to defend him because he had a difficult name to follow and the fact that he was young and had limited amateur fights, But he isn't young anymore and the way he has been protected by a boxing organisation is an absolute disgrace, I hate calling boxer who get hit for a living a fraud but he comes close to it and this isn't just about Martinez, it's about the way the WBC would have him "Weigh in" even when he doesn't make weight but they would somehow record his official weight when in reality he didn't make weight, They have done that for him in about 2 fights, then there is the illegal substance found in his system, and then him basically been giving a belt that belongs to someone else, then decisions that people felt like he doesn't deserve in fights etc

It's difficult not to call him names but I hope he proves me wrong in the future.
        Agree with all of this.I think though he will become a real good fighter

Comment

The thing is, Chavez is 25-26 years old. He never once called himself the greatest or even a superstar. He just drinks a lot of whiskey and then crushes randoms with his 180 pound sexy body. VERY VERY few fighters at any weight division fought in multiple big fights at age 25-26.

He is still a major prospect, the 28-29 year old version of Jr could be night and day from what we see now. He could be three times the boxer he is now. Fighters have made that leap before. Who did Andre Ward fight at age 25?

Who did sergio martinez fight?

Who did vitali or wladimir kilthscko fight at age 25?

Also chavez jr is just waiting for the current #1 to grow old and slow, the KBros did it with Lennox. If you look at their interviews in 2000 EVEN THEN they were saying they are preparing for lennox lewis and mike tyson. They didn't go for it until 2004.

NOW HOPEFULLY Chavez by the time he catches old man rivers sergio won't **** it up like Vitali did and lose a eye or something. Hopefully chavez when he finally do meet sergio can do what all up and coming champions SHOULD DO when facing a old aging retiring champion. Knock him the **** out.

Comment

JCC JR is destroying the record books. In 26 years, he has already defied what boxing experts thought was possible.

Hate from fat losers on messageboards won't change the fact that when it's all said and done, JCC JR will be one of the best ever.

Comment

Originally posted by polarcub View Post
              He's 25-26 years old and undefeated. How does that make him a fraud? It makes no sense, if he was like 34 years old STILL FOUGHT NOBODY and like 60-0 THAT MAKES him a fraud. He's still technically a rookie in the boxing world base on age and he don't need to fight **** right now. Age 28+ and the big fights start will be very legit. Look at WLADIMIR, this guy when he was Chavez's age was getting the soul knocked out of him by fat southpaw corrie sanders. At least Chavez Jr didn't loss to the line of Ross PURRITY'S that he's been fighting..

LOOK AT SERGIO MARTINEZ who the hell has he fought when he was 25 ? The vast majority of boxing champions start in their late 20's when it comes to legacy and big fights. Tyson was the exception because he knocked out more bums then chavez jr and roy jones jr combined.

Chavez JNR is not getting no where near the criticism Roy Jones and Floyd got and they fought far better opposition then Chavez Jnr.

Chavez hav`nt fought naybody but yet hardly anybody in the media is calling him our for it but if it was a black fighter doing the same thing the media would rip him a new A hole.

Comment

Working...
              X