Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd ain't for Legacy only for money and easy, winnable fights.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
    Well it's just a way of saying the cotto fight cannot be compared to how big the Benjamins Floyd and Pac are both getting in this super fight. We all know this fight will break records. Heck everyone in the world wants to see this fight happening. This is a major block buster fight.

But I get your point Floyd has calculated the risk to success ratio and he feels the risk is too high if he fights pac. When he can actually just get an easy fight with Cotto for an easy pay day.

As I've mentioned in my post. Floyd just fights for low risk high earning fights.
    Absolutely, but where I think you go too far is calling Cotto an easy fight and an easy pay day.

Floyd is fighting Cotto at 154lbs, something Pacquiao wasn't willing to do, it's not as tough on paper as a Pacquiao fight but this isn't an easy bout by any stretch of the imagination.

Comment

• all he fights is champions.current champions at that

ortiz-wbc champ
      mosley-wba champ-p4p#3
      jmm-p4p#2
      hatton-p4p top 5
      oscar-wbc champ

Comment

• Originally posted by MarloS04 View Post
        Yes, ruthless. Not as a fighter, but as a selfish guy who gets what he wants.
        Love him or hate him Mutha****er is in control of his business.
        Not even ruthless or selfish imo, I think he's doing what's best for himself and his family, who on this board or in this life is any different?

Comment

• Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
          all he fights is champions.current champions at that

ortiz-wbc champ
          mosley-wba champ-p4p#3
          jmm-p4p#2
          hatton-p4p top 5
          oscar-wbc champ

ortiz-wbc champ.... he cheated
          mosley-wba champ-p4p#3.... old as ****
          jmm-p4p#2....outweighed him and made him move up two divisions. JMM FAT!
          hatton-p4p top 5....Made him move up where he said he wasnt good at.
          oscar-wbc champ[/QUOTE] Almost lost and retired to not give him a rematch!

yeah thats impressive...especially fighting once a year!

Comment

• fight manny , you puto!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
              ortiz-wbc champ.... he cheated
              mosley-wba champ-p4p#3.... old as ****
              jmm-p4p#2....outweighed him and made him move up two divisions. JMM FAT!
              hatton-p4p top 5....Made him move up where he said he wasnt good at.
              oscar-wbc champ
              Almost lost and retired to not give him a rematch!

yeah thats impressive...especially fighting once a year![/QUOTE]

manny

jmm-made him moved up 2 divisions.lost
              mosley-old coming off a lose and a draw
              margo-hadnt won a meaningful fight since 2008..catchweight
              clottey-who??just lost to cotto
              cotto-catchweight

see i can do it too

but other than cotto on mannys list who was a current champion??
              Last edited by Larry the boss; 03-04-2012, 09:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
                Almost lost and retired to not give him a rematch!

yeah thats impressive...especially fighting once a year!
                manny

cotto-catchweight

see i can do it too

but other than cotto on mannys list who was a current champion??[/QUOTE]

Put it in perspective Larry.

Cotto beat a bum we've never heard of(Jennings) before and never heard from again for a vacant paper title. And even then he had to get extremely dirty to beat Clottey.

Arum set that whole thing up in house so that Cotto could lose his paper vacant title to Pacquiao to legitimize Pacquiao's WW stint.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
                  manny

cotto-catchweight

see i can do it too

but other than cotto on mannys list who was a current champion??

Pac doesn't go out of his way calling himself 'I'm the greatest' That is the big difference.

By the way, smudge all you want regarding Pacs recent fights, but during the time of his fights those are the fighters that he should have fought at the time. And if you read the thread very well, even before Pac fighting welterweight fight. PAc has been proving himself in the ring going up in weight. HE even is part of the 4 horsemen as of late. And is branded as a mexican assassin.

Even without his latest fights he has carved an impressive wins of real contenders, p4p champs, and 4 lineal champs. THE BIG DIFFERENCE PAC DOESN'T CALL HIMSELF THE GREATEST. IF YOU WANT TO HAVE THAT MANTLE OF GREATNESS AT LEAST YOU HAVE TO ACT LIKE IT. WALK THE WALK, NOT ALL BARK AND NO BITE. THAT IS THE OTHER BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ALI AND FLOYD. ALI PUT HIS LIFE ON THE LINE AND PROVES HE FIGHTS THE BEST OUT THERE.

BOXING IS A DEADLY IF YOU DON'T WANT TO GET HURT GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN. simple really.

Don't tell everyone you are the greatest then cherry picks fights, dodges legit opponents, picks on easy low risk fights. That is not how it works. Either you for self preservation and calculated risk or you are in it for the glory and greatness and risk everything in the ring. Daring to be great is a mark of no fear. That is what great is all about.

If Floyd can't do that, then he has no right saying it, it is an insult to the greats of the game.
                  Last edited by Spoon23; 03-04-2012, 11:01 PM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Larryx2011;11854709]Almost lost and retired to not give him a rematch!

Pac doesn't go out of his way calling himself 'I'm the greatest' That is the big difference.

By the way, smudge all you want regarding Pacs recent fights, but during the time of his fights those are the fighters that he should have fought at the time. And if you read the thread very well, even before Pac fighting welterweight fight. PAc has been proving himself in the ring going up in weight. HE even is part of the 4 horsemen as of late. And is branded as a mexican assassin.

Even without his latest fights he has carved an impressive wins of real contenders, p4p champs, and 4 lineal champs. THE BIG DIFFERENCE PAC DOESN'T CALL HIMSELF THE GREATEST. IF YOU WANT TO HAVE THAT MANTLE OF GREATNESS AT LEAST YOU HAVE TO ACT LIKE IT. WALK THE WALK, NOT ALL BARK AND NO BITE. THAT IS THE OTHER BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ALI AND FLOYD. ALI PUT HIS LIFE ON THE LINE AND PROVES HE FIGHTS THE BEST OUT THERE.

BOXING IS A DEADLY IF YOU DON'T WANT TO GET HURT GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN. simple really.

Don't tell everyone you are the greatest then cherry picks fights, dodges legit opponents, picks on easy low risk fights. That is not how it works. Either you for self preservation and calculated risk or you are in it for the glory and greatness and risk everything in the ring. Daring to be great is a mark of no fear. That is what great is all about.

If Floyd can't do that, then he has no right saying it, it is an insult to the greats of the game.
                    Last edited by Spoon23; 03-04-2012, 11:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                      Not even ruthless or selfish imo, I think he's doing what's best for himself and his family, who on this board or in this life is any different?
                      Then don't call yourself I'm the greatest.

IF YOU WANT TO HAVE THAT MANTLE OF GREATNESS AT LEAST YOU HAVE TO ACT LIKE IT. WALK THE WALK, NOT ALL BARK AND NO BITE. THAT IS THE OTHER BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ALI AND FLOYD. ALI PUT HIS LIFE ON THE LINE AND PROVES HE FIGHTS THE BEST OUT THERE.

Don't tell everyone you are the greatest then cherry picks fights, dodges legit opponents, picks on easy low risk fights. That is not how it works. Either you for self preservation and calculated risk or you are in it for the glory and greatness and risk everything in the ring. Daring to be great is a mark of no fear. That is what great men of boxing is all about.

If Floyd can't do that, then he has no right saying it, it is an insult to the greats of the game. Daring to be great is climbing Mt. Everest. Floyd isn't that boxer to even be considered as such.
                      Last edited by Spoon23; 03-04-2012, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X