Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golden Boy-Klitschkos: Barclays Rift Could Have Solution

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golden Boy-Klitschkos: Barclays Rift Could Have Solution

By Mitch Abramson - On second thought, maybe Wladimir Klitschko can fight at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn after all. Just not on opening night. The past few days have seen a war of words between Richard Schaefer, CEO of Golden Boy, and Bernd Boente, manager of the Klitschko brothers, over the possibility of Wladimir fighting in Brooklyn, possibly against Chris Arreola at the Barclays Center on Oct. 20.

The Barclays Center is the future home of the NBA Nets, a billion dollar enterprise in downtown Brooklyn erected to compete with Madison Square Garden for the hearts, minds and wallets of local sports fans. The arena is contracted to do big-ticket boxing shows every month after it opens in the fall. The opening night is Oct. 20, the same date when Boente would like to see Klitschko face Arreola. [Click Here To Read More]

Miguel cotto should fight on that date.Perfect way to start off at
    barclays center.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
      Miguel cotto should fight on that date.Perfect way to start off at
      barclays center.
      true that. i hate how these places are all named after evil mega corp banks though

Comment

i.e. giants stadium renamed to metlife stadium etc

Comment

:-) I would like Klitschko to smack Arreola

Comment

GBP is going to be in a long term relationship with Barclay's, so it's important that they start things off with a bang. Cotto and Malignaggi are good choices to be on the premier show.

It would be nice to have Klitschko-Arreola too, but if the Klits don't want to co-promote with Golden Boy then they can just wait until a different month.
            Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 03-04-2012, 03:33 AM.

Comment

Well it cant be Cotto because he fights on May 5th. And I'm not a fan of a Paulie Mag main event unless he's fighting a top fighter.

Comment

Great news for Me so close to home wooo

Comment

Shaeffer is right. The Klitschko's are promoted very poorly in North America. Most people I talk to have no clue who they are. I live in a city where there is large Ukranian population yet nobody knows who they are. Vitali being his age and doing what he's doing should get praise just for that alone. Wlad's the king of the heavyweight division but more people know Junior Dos Santos. It's pretty sad and I've wondered all along why they are'nt promoted better over here.

Comment

Originally posted by DontGlassMeBro View Post
                    true that. i hate how these places are all named after evil mega corp banks though
                    That's because the United States is being sold to big corporations.

Comment

Working...
                    X