Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto fans: To buy or not to buy??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so i guess you wouldnt go see the fight live,buy a hotdog a beer nothing cause that all goes to Floyd..you seem more concerned about floyd then being a boxing fan

Comment

Originally posted by MalikKnucklez View Post
      This.

Prior to the Mayweather fight, when Cotto was with Top Rank he wasn't seeing "his" share of the PPV earnings anyway. Thats Arum Money. Thats why promotion companies are promotion companies, dummy.

You think Cotto doesn't know he's in for his career payday with this fight? And thats just talking upfront money.

I don't even know whats more b**h made, you posting on this topic without any knowledge of how the revenue streams for these fights go (and have ALWAYS went), or u pleading a case to boxing fans to keep money out of a pro-athletes pocket. Just because, he "arleady makes too much", or u don't like his "personality".

Some of you n***as is worse than my girlfriend.
      You dont even know what you talking about. Cotto was getting a share of PPV revenue.

Comment

Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
        You dont even know what you talking about. Cotto was getting a share of PPV revenue.
        Nobody said he was getting $0 off the paperview revenue, doggie. which is why i put "his" in quotations, in reference to the post (theres a reason for those, you know? lol) . because the poster seems to think Cotto was getting this 50-50 type of split deals with distributors and networks. and he wasn't.

They tryna make it seem like Cotto's somehow being "robbed" for this fight, which isn't the case.

Read my post again before u go jumpin the gun,

Comment

TS, you started a thread assuming something that is not correct. If Cotto was not receiving a split of the PPV, from where he was going to be paid from when he dont have a guaranteed?

Dont fall for the idiots and their dumb statements about this amount of money or this bla bla bla. I had already stated in various threads that Cotto nor Mayweather have a guaranteed purse. They have an agreement were they will split all revenues, everything. NOT 50/50 because Cotto teams knows who brings the biggest share, however for them to accept it was a fair share. They believe they will make around $30 millions, so they are making estimates of profits over $100 million dollars so I believe it is 70/30, but it can probably be 75/25 as well.

Comment

Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
            TS, you started a thread assuming something that is not correct. If Cotto was not receiving a split of the PPV, from where he was going to be paid from when he dont have a guaranteed?

Dont fall for the idiots and their dumb statements about this amount of money or this bla bla bla. I had already stated in various threads that Cotto nor Mayweather have a guaranteed purse. They have an agreement were they will split all revenues, everything. NOT 50/50 because Cotto teams knows who brings the biggest share, however for them to accept it was a fair share. They believe they will make around $30 millions, so they are making estimates of profits over $100 million dollars so I believe it is 70/30, but it can probably be 75/25 as well.
            no Floyd is paying Cotto a flat fee.Floyd is the one who pays his opponents there is already an article on this.if anything goes wrong it will be floyd losing money not Cotto

Comment

Originally posted by MalikKnucklez View Post
              Nobody said he was getting $0 off the paperview revenue, doggie. which is why i put "his" in quotations, in reference to the post (theres a reason for those, you know? lol) . because the poster seems to think Cotto was getting this 50-50 type of split deals with distributors and networks. and he wasn't.

They tryna make it seem like Cotto's somehow being "robbed" for this fight, which isn't the case.

Read my post again before u go jumpin the gun,
              So what does this means: "Prior to the Mayweather fight, when Cotto was with Top Rank he wasn't seeing "his" share of the PPV earnings anyway."

The poster is not assuming he was making 50/50. What she is asking what if it is truth Floyd's take 100% of PPV will we buy the fight? She made an assumption because no one answer her questions before of the split. Which I already did in this thread and did in the thread she asked and have done multiple time trying to explain the damn deal and most people here keep repeating the same non-sense because they dont know **** and they assume and d!ck ride their idols.

Plain and simple her question had validity, assuming what Floyd said was real. However, it is not and only dumb people will believe what he says.

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
                no Floyd is paying Cotto a flat fee.Floyd is the one who pays his opponents there is already an article on this.if anything goes wrong it will be floyd losing money not Cotto
                You talking out of your ass dude. Gabriel Peñagaricano Cotto adviser said differently. This from El Nuevo Dia:

La megapelea se realizará como parte de una copromoción entre Golden Boy Promotions, Mayweather Promotions y Promociones Miguel Cotto. Gabriel Peñagarícano, asesor legal de Cotto, informó que ninguno de los dos púgiles tendrá una bolsa fija.

“Va a ser en base a porcentaje y no va a ser 50-50. Sabemos que Floyd es una gran figura y él va a tener un porciento mayor. Lo que va a ganar cada púgil va a depender de la contabilidad final de las ganancias que deje la pelea, de todos los ingresos que genere, incluyendo, naturalmente, las ventas de ‘pay per view’”, agregó Peñagarícano, quien se reservó detallar el porciento que le tocará a cada boxeador.

Translation:
                The megafight will be co-promoted by GBP, Mayweather Promotions and MC Promotions. Gabriel Peñagaricano, legal adviser of Cotto, inform us that either fighter has a flat fee.

“It will on a percentage basis and not 50-50. We know Floyd is a great figure and he will have the biggest percentage. What each fighter will earn will depend on the accounting of all earnings of the fights, including Pay Per View” said Peñagaricano, who reserve the percentage for each fighter.

LinK: http://www.elnuevodia.com/mayweather...o-1180142.html

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Lorily View Post
                  If you found out that it's true that Miguel Cotto WON'T be receiving a single cent of the PPV revenue from his fight with Floyd Mayweather, will you still buy the PPV?

Wouldn't it make sense, if Cotto won't see any of the profits from PPV, for the hardcore Cotto fans to find other means of watching the fight (i.e. stream, HBO next week replay, online video trading etc.)? Because that money goes straight in to MONEY Mayweathers pocket, it wouldn't affect Cotto in any way. He gets a flat guarantee of X amount of dollars, while Floyd gets even richer off of the sweat of BOTH fighters? Floyd already says he's THE highest paid athlete in the world. Sounds like some B.S. to me.

I know I'll get some grief from some of the Floyd fans, but please save the "If you're a boxing fan, you watch boxing/who cares about the money." Fine, true... boxing is boxing - but come on. If Floyd finds out people will buy it anyway (and realistically the casual fans won't even know), he will continue to line his greedy pant pockets in a completely disgusting way. Atleast one fight we know of won't happen for this reason, can you see Alvarez, Martinez, Khan excepting NO PPV?? It's part of the thrill of fighters wanting to fight Floyd Mayweather. This whole "It's more money then you've ever made before" is just inexcusable greed and selfishness IMO.

I want to know what the Cotto fans think, I really don't want to hear the old tired Money Mayweather "but, but Floyd is the one who..." lines. It takes TWO to tango in this business, and Cotto is no slouch when it comes to bringing in the fans and money. And this is not, I repeat NOT about Floyd vs Manny. Please don't turn this, in to that.

Simple question:

If Cotto receives 0% of the PPV revenue, will you find a different way to watch the fight or buy the PPV anyway? Side note: Voting No doesn't affect Cottos money in any way, he receives a flat guarantee, period.
                  lol at this *******.....mad at the world that his hero poochiao doesn't make over 10 million when he fights, so you want hate on another man's hustle.

Comment

Mexico gets free paper view.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorily View Post
                      Simple question:

If Cotto receives 0% of the PPV revenue, will you find a different way to watch the fight or buy the PPV anyway?
                      No, I always buy Cotto's ppv fights, cuz I'm a Cotto fan and don't want to watch a crap quality stream on my pc monitor. I want to watch it on my 40" sammy in hi def.
                      I don't care who he's fighting or who gets what, it's not my concern as i know he's getting paid well. I just want to watch him fight and win, period.

That was simple.

Comment

Working...
                      X