Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Floyd done enough to be considered up there alongside Ali and SRR?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone who says yes is a mentally ******ed prick who should hang themselves for wasting valuable oxygen.

Comment

• pacs not that great as it is,

Comment

• No fighter from todays era has.

Dumb question.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeWbbmest311 View Post
          WTF does Floyd's (which is really your) reasoning for fighting at 154 have anything with the justification of a Martinez fight?

1. Both sides (Manny and Floyd) are at least, in some ways, no matter who's d*ck you ride, partially to blame for the fight not happening.

2. Let's just say Manny is the one who won't take the fight, It's only OK to fight Cotto then?

3. I'd like to know what your opinion of Pac fighting Cotto at 145 and Clottey at 147, I'm guessing you thought THAT was BS though...
          Look, Ive explained my position 5 times. I have no problem with floyd and martinez fighting, but I do have a problem with Sergio calling out manny and floyd, who are at 147 while he is the 160 lb champ.

FLoyd/cotto is being done because floyd/manny couldn't. its the most lucrative fight other than manny. its not like floyd is moving to 154. That said if he ends up staying there then so be it.

Thought manny/cotto was fine except I don't like any champ to have to defend title at a weight lower than his title's max. Thats why I hope Sergio's mw title wont be on line if they fight at 154. I thought clottey was paid to take punches.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
            Look, Ive explained my position 5 times. I have no problem with floyd and martinez fighting, but I do have a problem with Sergio calling out manny and floyd, who are at 147 while he is the 160 lb champ.

FLoyd/cotto is being done because floyd/manny couldn't. its the most lucrative fight other than manny. its not like floyd is moving to 154. That said if he ends up staying there then so be it.

Thought manny/cotto was fine except I don't like any champ to have to defend title at a weight lower than his title's max. Thats why I hope Sergio's mw title wont be on line if they fight at 154. I thought clottey was paid to take punches.
            Does it really make THAT big of a deal who calls out who, so long as the fight happens? would that be the out if Floyd were to lose to Sergio (he won't)

I mean wasn't Hagler pushing for the fight with Leonard?

Comment

• Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
              anyone who says yes is a mentally ******ed prick who should hang themselves for wasting valuable oxygen.
              Oxygen theft seems to be a popular occupation in these parts :hypnotised9:

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                Just about.

His competition hardly blows Mayweather's away. Outside of 3 fights his competition is nothing to shout about.
                oustside of 3 fights, his comp is similar to floyd's.

meaning his comp is better than floyd's.

at least winky has some fights with a couple prime hof fighters....

take away floyd's 3 best opponents- corrales, castillo, and genero and what do you have? A LOT worse comp than winky's.

Comment

Also wouldn't that make the victory for Floyd that much better...defeating a bigger guy that called him out?

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeWbbmest311 View Post
                    Does it really make THAT big of a deal who calls out who, so long as the fight happens? would that be the out if Floyd were to lose to Sergio (he won't)

I mean wasn't Hagler pushing for the fight with Leonard?
                    Weve gotten way off thread topic. Ive explained myself.

Comment

Weve gotten way off thread topic. Ive explained myself.
                      LOL ok, i was thinking the same thing.

So what was this topic about again...oh yeah Floyd's not the greatest of all time.

Comment

Working...
                      X