Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto Puts On His Game Face For Mayweather Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto Puts On His Game Face For Mayweather Jr.

It’s only day two of the press tour for the May 5 “Ring Kings” pay-per-view event and Miguel Cotto is already bearing the look of a man stuck in the chair at the dentist’s office – even a chair as comfortable as a king’s throne, which was exactly what awaited him on stage.

[Click Here To Read More]

I've always admired and respected Cotto, but let's get back to reality, IMO Mayweather's gonna mop the floor with him... Cotto's best days are behind him. He was better off fighting an overrated hype-job with a "big name" like canelo... he's earned at least that much

Comment

Cotto is gonna shock alot of people boy

Comment

according to Roach, Cotto is too dangerous for Pac above at JMW...

I feel bad for Mayweather. Not even Pac wanted to fight this JMW Champion version of Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by GJaime99 View Post
          I've always admired and respected Cotto, but let's get back to reality, IMO Mayweather's gonna mop the floor with him... Cotto's best days are behind him. He was better off fighting an overrated hype-job with a "big name" like canelo... he's earned at least that much
          An old Mosley caught Floyd. This fight is at 154, where Floyd won't likely be as quick. Floyd is 35. Cotto may be a bit past his best, but he's still a fairly young guy. A guy that can bang pretty good. A guy with a good chin. A guy with a lot of experience. He's not slow. If you don't give a guy like that a shot to at least make a good fight of it, you're a fool.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
            according to Roach, Cotto is too dangerous for Pac above at JMW...

I feel bad for Mayweather. Not even Pac wanted to fight this JMW Champion version of Cotto.
            Floyd is bigger than Manny. I doubt Manny wouldn't fight Cotto at 154 if he was a bit taller. I don't think you should feel sorry for Floyd. Not like the guy didn't have a choice, and is some punk. He's a grown man, a proven champion, who knew what he signed up for. He may indeed want to test himself. He's getting paid well for this, which he loves most, it seems. If it was to please fans, a 50-50 split with Manny would have taken place, or will. Do mind that last bit...

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalBeast View Post
              Floyd is bigger than Manny. I doubt Manny wouldn't fight Cotto at 154 if he was a bit taller. I don't think you should feel sorry for Floyd. Not like the guy didn't have a choice, and is some punk. He's a grown man, a proven champion, who knew what he signed up for. He may indeed want to test himself. He's getting paid well for this, which he loves most, it seems. If it was to please fans, a 50-50 split with Manny would have taken place, or will. Do mind that last bit...
              How tall was Margarito? De La Hoya? They both are in fact taller than Martinez who Pac said he would fight at 150 but ducked out when Martinez said OK. Margarito, De La Hoya and Martinez are all taller than Cotto. Hell Ricky Hatton is 5'7 1/2 a 1/2 inch taller then Cotto...

Height has nothing to do with it...

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
                How tall was Margarito? De La Hoya? They both are in fact taller than Martinez who Pac said he would fight at 150 but ducked out when Martinez said OK. Margarito, De La Hoya and Martinez are all taller than Cotto. Hell Ricky Hatton is 5'7 1/2 a 1/2 inch taller then Cotto...

Height has nothing to do with it...
                Martinez isn't better than an old/possibly weight drained De La Hoya or a comparatively sluggish Margarito, correct? Yeah...
                As for Ricky Hatton being taller - seen the recent face to face? Yeah, Cotto is pretty much Floyd's height, who's sure not as tall as Ricky. Come on man, don't try it

Quit hating.
                Last edited by DigitalBeast; 02-29-2012, 12:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalBeast View Post
                  Martinez isn't better than an old De La Hoya or Margarito, correct? Yeah...
                  As for Ricky Hatton being taller - seen the recent face to face? Yeah, Cotto is pretty much Floyd's height, who's sure not as tall as Ricky. Come on man, don't try it
                  De La Hoya maybe, Margarito? GTFOH with that shyt. Margarito is garbage and would be destroyed by the Martinez of today that Pac wanted at 150...

As for Hatton, he is 5'7 1/2. Cotto is 5/7, Mayweather is 5'8. I don't get what your saying with "don't try it"?

But i'll say try again as height has nothing to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by King Ju-Ju View Post
                    Cotto is gonna shock alot of people boy
                    Mw has being ducking cotto for along time for a reason and I know cotto won't sell out like Ortiz.i don't know why people think cotto is done lets face it he can beat fake as camelo and pamperd Chavez he smach PAC above 150lbs and he has a good chance at mw unless may turns into a defensive fighter over night

Comment

Working...
                    X