Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto Puts On His Game Face For Mayweather Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigitalBeast View Post
    An old Mosley caught Floyd. This fight is at 154, where Floyd won't likely be as quick. Floyd is 35. Cotto may be a bit past his best, but he's still a fairly young guy. A guy that can bang pretty good. A guy with a good chin. A guy with a lot of experience. He's not slow. If you don't give a guy like that a shot to at least make a good fight of it, you're a fool.
    You made my point for me... Cotto will always be Cotto, and at his best, he'll give Mayweather a good fight but at this point, he's nothing more than a stepping stone to a Pacquiao mega fight

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalBeast View Post
      An old Mosley caught Floyd. This fight is at 154, where Floyd won't likely be as quick. Floyd is 35. Cotto may be a bit past his best, but he's still a fairly young guy. A guy that can bang pretty good. A guy with a good chin. A guy with a lot of experience. He's not slow. If you don't give a guy like that a shot to at least make a good fight of it, you're a fool.
      my toughts exactly

Comment

What i find funny as hell is how people say that Floyd never feared or ducked Cotto, in the past and Floyd, gave the world the worst excuse for not fighting Cotto...
        Puerto Rico is just to far hahahahaha

Comment

i like cotto because he's always been a gentleman out of the ring and true professional in the ring, but on may 5th he's going to take a beating.

Comment

Originally posted by mexicanboxers View Post
            Mw has being ducking cotto for along time for a reason and I know cotto won't sell out like Ortiz.i don't know why people think cotto is done lets face it he can beat fake as camelo and pamperd Chavez he smach PAC above 150lbs and he has a good chance at mw unless may turns into a defensive fighter over night
            floyd is a defensive fighter fool...reason why i dont expect a ko..

Comment

I believe most fans are putting too much stock in the notion that Cotto is completely shot, hence an easy Mayweather victory. I just don't see it. Cotto even today is a much better fight than anything Floyd has seen since probably 2007 (5 years ago). Is Cotto prime? No, but I also don't think Floyd is either (which he's hinted at himself this press tour). But does that mean both guys are one foot in the grave? Of course not, and I think that's a lot of people's mistake with this fight and Boxing in general if a fighter has a loss or 2. We're just months removed from a fight (Pacquiao vs Marquez 3) that a huge majority of fans believed would be Manny's "closing of the casket" with Marquez...and did we ever get a wake up call. This is also a Marquez who was said to be "washed up", "done", "Taken to the limit by lesser fighters", and the list goes on. Now, I'm not comparing Pac vs Marquez as foreshadowing to what will happen May 5th, but I think a lot of us have forgotten how good Miguel Cotto really is. His 2 losses come from volume / pressure fighters. But it's when he's fought the speed fighters / boxers where fans and critics raise an eyebrow saying "Wow, Cotto can actually box".

With that being said, I believe this will be one of Cotto's toughest fight to date, but I also believe it will be one of Floyd's toughest fights as well.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
                I believe most fans are putting too much stock in the notion that Cotto is completely shot, hence an easy Mayweather victory. I just don't see it. Cotto even today is a much better fight than anything Floyd has seen since probably 2007 (5 years ago). Is Cotto prime? No, but I also don't think Floyd is either (which he's hinted at himself this press tour). But does that mean both guys are one foot in the grave? Of course not, and I think that's a lot of people's mistake with this fight and Boxing in general if a fighter has a loss or 2. We're just months removed from a fight (Pacquiao vs Marquez 3) that a huge majority of fans believed would be Manny's "closing of the casket" with Marquez...and did we ever get a wake up call. This is also a Marquez who was said to be "washed up", "done", "Taken to the limit by lesser fighters", and the list goes on. Now, I'm not comparing Pac vs Marquez as foreshadowing to what will happen May 5th, but I think a lot of us have forgotten how good Miguel Cotto really is. His 2 losses come from volume / pressure fighters. But it's when he's fought the speed fighters / boxers where fans and critics raise an eyebrow saying "Wow, Cotto can actually box".

With that being said, I believe this will be one of Cotto's toughest fight to date, but I also believe it will be one of Floyd's toughest fights as well.
                Floyd said he was past his prime?

Comment

Floyd is going to babyshake Cotto. It's going to be a fun night of fights though.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post

Those were my thoughts about Cotto just before the Pac fight. But Cotto went in with the wrong gameplan -and no backup plan- and got annihilated.

Mayweather never runs into this problem coz of his ringsmarts, but I agree with you on the fact that it will be a good fight (and close outcome either way) if Cotto comes with a plan A, B and C in stock.

Comment

mayweather is gonna break his game face

Comment

Working...
                      X