No announcement yet.

Did Floyd dodge Cotto in 2007/2008?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Floyd dodge Cotto in 2007/2008?

I have a poll below asking if you think Floyd dodged this fight back in 2007 or 2008, but i want to explain my way of thinking and i encourage people to state their own opinions because maybe i am missing something here.
    I have been looking up alot of past articles as to this fight that dates back to 2006. I remember before the Cotto vs Quintana fight when Miguel first moved to 147 i was hoping for a fight between Cotto and Floyd. Bob Arum said he wanted to get a few fights under his belt at 417 then thye'd talk Floyd. Then when Cotto Ko'd Quintanna in 5, then Urkal in 11, then Judah in 11 then UD over Mosley, then KO of Gomez in 5. I thought for sure we'd see it. Then all i remember is everytime Floyd would be asked about Miguel he'd respond with " he's too inexperienced, too young, not big enough name etc... This is the same guy who KO'd damn near all the common opponents that Floyd took the distance. AND Floyd was the one saying he challenged Miguel but BOB Arum wouldnt allow it a few years prior. So how is it that Foyd goes from Challenging the guy to then saying that hes too young, inxperienced, no big enough name? If this doesnt show you that he cherry picks his opponents then i dont know what does. I just hope and pray that Miguel sticks with a great game plan and shows he is still the fighter of old. And i honestly think with his trainer that they have what it takes to make this a great fight and come out with the W. Good Luck to Both men.
    YES
    46.46%
    NO
    19.19%
    BOB ARUMS FAULT
    34.34%

puerto rico was too far !!!!!!

Comment

floyd avoided all the big fights from 2005-2009

Comment

no, they wanted nothing to do with floyd at 140lbs same at 147lbs watch gatti vs mayweather cotto looks shocked. Cotto didnt duck I am sure he did/does believe he could beat mayweather bob arum is the one who didnt want the fight. Your telling me floyd went to 154lbs to fight de la hoya but is scared of cotto and margorito at 147lbs ? seriously ? its all politics same with mayweather vs pacquiao remove arum fight is made simple as that.
        Mosley wasnt aloud to fight floyd 2006 because de la hoya had dibs is mosley scared ? no not at all. You really think elite fighters mayweather pacquiao mosley de la hoya cotto etc etc are scared ? not of fighting we can be sure on that !!

Comment

It all comes down to this.

Arum doesn't want his fighters to lose to GBP fighters. Notice how Cotto drops from TR and all of a sudden the fight is made in a matter of days?

Comment

no obviously it was arum.soon as he left top rank....boom the fight was made

Comment

At first, I thought he did and believed for few years because of the way Cotto handled Sosa, Corley & Judah (3 similar opponents from Floyd) but after seeing how fast Cotto-Mayweather was made when Arum wasnt in the picture...I realized Arum was a large part of the reason it not being made. Maybe all of it.

Comment

Originally posted by boricuajr23 View Post
                At first, I thought he did and believed for few years because of the way Cotto handled Sosa, Corley & Judah (3 similar opponents from Floyd) but after seeing how fast Cotto-Mayweather was made when Arum wasnt in the picture...I realized Arum was a large part of the reason it not being made. Maybe all of it.
                Yeah, it was made fast after Cotto got 2 loses!!

Mayweather let all the good WWs to beat up each for him to start fighting him!!

The only guy nobody should complain about him duckking is Mosley, cuz Mosley ducked Floyd first!!

Comment

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
                  Yeah, it was made fast after Cotto got 2 loses!!

Mayweather let all the good WWs to beat up each for him to start fighting him!!

The only guy nobody should complain about him duckking is Mosley, cuz Mosley ducked Floyd first!!
                  Cotto ducked Mayweather at 140. FACT

Comment

Only fighter people can even argue that Mayweather ducked was the coward that is named Margarito.

Bob would now pay Floyd the amount of money he wanted (which he would eventually get by firing Bob).

Cotto at JWW, WW or JMW doesn't beat Floyd. Bob knew this years ago when BOTH where under Top Rank and undefeated JWW's.. Bob said no...

Comment

Working...
                    X