No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: W. Klitschko is Expecting Tough Task With Mormeck

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: W. Klitschko is Expecting Tough Task With Mormeck

Berlin - Heavyweight world champion Wladimir Klitschko is targetting his 50th career knockout when he takes on outsider Jean-Marc Mormeck in Duesseldorf on Saturday.

[Click Here To Read More]

It doesn't make it easier having a 6-7 inch height advantage, a 6-7 inch reach advantage, and most likely a 25-30 pound weight advantage?? I've heard that when you punch down it takes some of the sting outta your punches (Teddy Atlas, Fight Night Champion) Can someone explain this to me.

At least the K bros don't constantly dog their opponents like every other fighter. I hate how some boxers will talk all this crap about their opponents. If that is your opinion of a guy then why are you even fighting him?

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWbbmest311 View Post
      It doesn't make it easier having a 6-7 inch height advantage, a 6-7 inch reach advantage, and most likely a 25-30 pound weight advantage?? I've heard that when you punch down it takes some of the sting outta your punches (Teddy Atlas, Fight Night Champion) Can someone explain this to me.

At least the K bros don't constantly dog their opponents like every other fighter. I hate how some boxers will talk all this crap about their opponents. If that is your opinion of a guy then why are you even fighting him?
      toss a punch above ur eye level and toss one around ur belly buttion level u can feel the difference,

Comment

of course he expects a tough fight

I would expect a fight just as tough if I were to fight a quadraplegic ninety years old man on the street

seriously, I would respect Wlad more if he just told it like it is : this guy doesn't belong in the ring with me and I'll show you that, I can end the fight whenever I want, I'll destroy him

nobody is buying his BS

Comment

no punching up takes away your power..punching down makes more power.............

Comment

d

That's the American way, brash, ignorant and illiterate. It makes them feel "big"..like the old time Mafia gangsters did. That attitude has seeped into everyday American life.

What Klitschko is doing when he says he expects a tough fight, is being a sportsman, showing the boxing public he takes his trade seriously, and he's also showing respect for his opponent, who is, after all, a former champion with status, and is just trying to make a living, get ahead and also combining with Klitschko to provide the boxing fans with entertainment. Why wouldn't Klitschko show respect??

And why is this so difficult for modern young guys to comprehend?? One answer might be "because they are not sportsmen, and don't really know the meaning of the word".

There are also other answers .......

Comment

Originally posted by Tiozzo View Post

seriously, I would respect Wlad more if he just told it like it is : this guy doesn't belong in the ring with me and I'll show you that, I can end the fight whenever I want, I'll destroy him

nobody is buying his BS

It would be a lot better if he said that, then did that, but that's not his fighting style. I respect Wlad's skills a lot, but he'll jab Mormeck, keep a safe distance, and calmly, cautiously take him apart before he KO's him. That's what an intelligent sportsman would do. But it's not exciting to me, at all. I know why he won't do it, but when most people see a boxer with such huge advantages in size & strength, they want to see that big dude take the smaller dude's head off. To see more of a fighter mentality. Not being so safety minded against a foe that is so woefully outgunned.

There's nothing wrong with his style, it keeps winning him fights. He's got a huge fanbase & boxing in this style helps prolong & protect him, it's just interesting to me in the least. That's why Manny Steward went off on him when he was fighting in MSG a few years back, because much of the American fanbase wants to see heavyweights go for the KO when they've proven dominance over their opponent.

When a guy proves he has no business in a ring with you, people want to see you blast that guy out of there. Wlad will likely do that in this fight, the road taken to get there isn't likely to be dazzling.

Comment

Well I think its very generous and classy of the champ to say about Mormeck who will most likely be jabbed to pieces and ko'd when Wlad feels like getting him out but we all know this is just a tuneup stay busy fight until something better comes along.

Comment

I'm not gonna lie, Wladimir starts to piss me off a little bit. seems to me he is a virgin. He speaks silly ****n Russian. and im getting tired of his..This is going to be tough fight ..bull****! he makes few mills from every bum, at least fight them every month or so..but no. 3-4 months preparation for 9 rounds of borefest. I had a hope for wladimir..

Comment

also showing a class when some one spits water into your face means that you scared little coward that hides under 6`8ft. *****...

Comment

Working...
                    X