No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fighting Words: Love or Hate Him, Adrien Broner is Here

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AzteK Warrior View Post
    All that matters is that he's getting paid?? WTF kind of boxing fan are you?? Getting paid comes with the territory - Only someone really stupid cares so much about how much other people (unknown to him) get paid. He's a fkn boxer!! I care about what he brings to the sport and whom he fights. This guy is a nobody period.. And Eloy?? who the F. is him? Fight the best guys in your division and prove that you're worth me paying to watch you. I'm not falling for the "Money MayRunner" BS or whatever garbage HBO wants to sell me. Only someone stupid does. FOK HBO!!
    Getting paid is the new measure of success in the post-de la Hoya fight game. Titles are obviously irrelevant to a fighters status; they are merely trinkets worn to generate more money. The santioning bodies don't give a F; they'll put a belt on whoever generates the most santioning fees. Look at the WBC and their champions from 147-160...when's the last time any of them had a mandatory defense? they can fight whoever and generate large sums of money. IMO, 90% of these guys don't give a F who they fight; if you can make 6-7 figures fighting lowly-ranked, but passable (from a promotion standpoint) LOW-RISK, HIGH REWARD fighters, then that is what is going to happen. These guys are professionals, they sacrifice everything for $$$, they don't give a shit what fans think.

Boxing is such a hard sport to like, because the fan always comes last.

That is why when and if Manny and Floyd ever fight it will be the last fight for one of, if not, both fighters. Once either guy loses, the ride is over. They will go on and generate $100 millions of revenue without having to fight each other.
    Last edited by RlCKY; 02-27-2012, 01:44 PM.

Comment

I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY people cry about canelo Not fighting P4P Fighters EVEN THOUGH HE IS YOUNGER THAN BRONER

.but YET THEY PRAISE BRONER WHOS 23 FOR BEATING A NO NAME ? SMH RACISM IN BOXING ?

At least canelo fights guys his size . Broner looks good because he has like a 100 inch reach height and reach advantage
      Dude was bigger than maidana and alexander at post fight conference
      Last edited by FirePunch; 02-27-2012, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWbbmest311 View Post
        Getting paid is the new measure of success in the post-de la Hoya fight game. Titles are obviously irrelevant to a fighters status; they are merely trinkets worn to generate more money. The santioning bodies don't give a F; they'll put a belt on whoever generates the most santioning fees. Look at the WBC and their champions from 147-160...when's the last time any of them had a mandatory defense? they can fight whoever and generate large sums of money. IMO, 90% of these guys don't give a F who they fight; if you can make 6-7 figures fighting lowly-ranked, but passable (from a promotion standpoint) LOW-RISK, HIGH REWARD fighters, then that is what is going to happen. These guys are professionals, they sacrifice everything for $$$, they don't give a shit what fans think.

Boxing is such a hard sport to like, because the fan always comes last.

That is why when and if Manny and Floyd ever fight it will be the last fight for one of, if not, both fighters. Once either guy loses, the ride is over. They will go on and generate $100 millions of revenue without having to fight each other.
        Well, if we fans want quality fights we better stop paying for all these fake fights - staged fights. I don't care how much $$ they make and I hope they make a lot but I'm not going to pay for this garbage. We fans need to put a stop to this BS.

Comment

So far, I like him.
          Haven't seen the Ponce de Leon fight yet, the Litzau-KO was impressive (although I never rated Litzau that high), Rodriguez was a bit weird with the whole "brush my hair" thing, but last weekend was very impressive. He really toyed with Eloy Perez.
          I'm undecided on all his flash, seems a bit too much at times, and the hype he gets at the moment is ridiculous, but his attitude is fun and refreshing and yes, it looks like he has the talent to go far. I think he's good for boxing. If he likes the villain-role as a Floyd-double, why not, boxing needs those, too.
          And from what I've seen of him outside the ring (granted, not much), he is rather humble and decent.

As for him being too big for his division: If he can make the weight, he belongs to the division. That's the whole story.
          Last edited by rochemback; 02-27-2012, 02:35 PM.

Comment

I love how people say Broner hasn't fought anyone. He fought Ponce De Leon when he was on a 7 fight win streak since his loss to Lopez, and though it was a close fight and controversial, he ended up winning. He fought Litzau after Litzau had just beaten Caballero when Celestino was in the Top 10 P4P at the time. And he just beat Eloy Perez who is highly rated SFW and was his mandatory. For 22, he's started off pretty good. He should unify the belts at 130 and the move up.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
              I love how people say Broner hasn't fought anyone. He fought Ponce De Leon when he was on a 7 fight win streak since his loss to Lopez, and though it was a close fight and controversial, he ended up winning. He fought Litzau after Litzau had just beaten Caballero when Celestino was in the Top 10 P4P at the time. And he just beat Eloy Perez who is highly rated SFW and was his mandatory. For 22, he's started off pretty good. He should unify the belts at 130 and the move up.
              He's very outspoken, that's why he gets more heat than others. But honestly, according to boxing fans noone has fought anyone. For every boxer you'll find at least a few persons ready to disrespect and talking down his resume...

Comment

Originally posted by rochemback View Post
                He's very outspoken, that's why he gets more heat than others. But honestly, according to boxing fans noone has fought anyone. For every boxer you'll find at least a few persons ready to disrespect and talking down his resume...
                It's like the people who say Floyd hasn't fought anyone. He gets hardly any credot from many people for beating Genaro Hernandez, Angel Manfredy, Carlos Gerena, Diego Corrales, Carlos Hernandez, Jesus Chavez, Jose Luis Castillo, Zab Judah, Oscar De La Hoya, Ricky Hatton, Juan Manuel Marquez, Shane Mosley, and Victor Ortiz when he did.

They say he didn't fight Casamayor at 130, Johnston at 135, Tszyu at 140, and Margarito at 147. They can't say Cotto now because Floyd's getting him on his resume at 154, while Cotto is past his prime-still good.

But, Casamayor was fighting the likes of Antonio Hernandez, David Santos, Roberto Garcia, when Floyd was fighting G. Hernandez, Manfredy, Gerena, Corrales, C. Hernandez, and Chavez at 130.

As far as Johnston goes, and I am a big Stevie Johnston fan being from CO, there was no need for Floyd to fight him. After his fights with Castillo, Stevie was fighting Alejandro Gonzalez, Pedro Garcia, and others, while Floyd beat Castillo, the best LW.

And I hate when people say Floyd avoided Tszyu. Tszyu was 2 years into retirement when Floyd was going to 140. And they were trying to set up Mayweather-Tszyu after Mayweather-Gatti and Tszyu-Hatton, but Tszyu lost. Oh well, and Floyd fought Hatton in 07'.

Margarito is the only real argument anyone really has.

Comment

Broner is trying way too hard to sell himself. He's a clown. As far as boxing abaility goes, he has a ton of it and i's exactly what his nickname is.... A mother ****in problem!!! That I give him.

Comment

Originally posted by King Ju-Ju View Post
                    Broner is trying way too hard to sell himself.
                    I disagree. He is selling himself very well. Look how many people are talking about him and how much hype het gets already.
                    He might sell himself too hard for everyone to like him, but I doubt that this is his goal.

Like him or not, boxing needs personalities like him. If he can't back up his talk, it won't be worth much, but if he can, he'll be excellent for the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by AzteK Warrior View Post
                      All that matters is that he's getting paid?? WTF kind of boxing fan are you?? Getting paid comes with the territory - Only someone really stupid cares so much about how much other people (unknown to him) get paid. He's a fkn boxer!! I care about what he brings to the sport and whom he fights. This guy is a nobody period.. And Eloy?? who the F. is him? Fight the best guys in your division and prove that you're worth me paying to watch you. I'm not falling for the "Money MayRunner" BS or whatever garbage HBO wants to sell me. Only someone stupid does. FOK HBO!!
                      Ha Ha Ha seems like somebody's a little bit bent out of shape. I am a hardcore boxing fan with common sense who knows what he's talking about. Unlike you who happens to be lost in what I wrote. It is what it is nobody's telling you to watch him fight. All I do know is that Broner name is your mouth and if it's not a positive thing coming out of your mouth it's called hating.
                      Last edited by Ringlife; 02-27-2012, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X