Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Merchant Still Not Convinced Alexander is an Elite Fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devon should fight Paulie in July/August for the WBA title, IF Paulie actually goes to east jesus nowhere and takes that belt. Beating Maidana and than winning a title would put him in a good position to fight someone like Khan, Berto-Ortiz II winner, etc.

Comment

Depends on how you define elite, if you are loose the term then yea he can be. If you like to be selective with that kind of praise, then no he isn't.

To me he is good but he isn't elite~

Comment

Time will tell but at 147 Alexander can turn into an elite fighter new weight class forget the pass

Comment

Larry Merchant is a racist and hates on all black fighters.

Comment

maidana was like an urango type of fighter alexander always looks great fighting those types of guys

Comment

larry merchant doesn't know **** about boxing, so why is people still listening to this fool. everyone knows larry is the biggest racist clown HBO has on their payroll. a black boxing could beat everyone in his division & larry would still say his not a great fighter.you can please some people some of the time but you can't please a fool that doesn't know **** about boxing......

Comment

I'm in agreement with Merchant this time.

Comment

I swear some of the people that post on here are VERY DUMB!!!! Merchant hates black fighters??? Have you heard they way he talks about Sugar Ray Robinson, Muhammed Ali, Joe Louis, Sugar Ray Leonard, Tommy Hearns, Marvin Hagler, Lennox Lewis, George Foreman, Joe Frazier, Meldrick Taylor, and Sugar Shane Mosley to name a few.... Waiting for someone to be great before you call them great makes all the sense in the world... The public wanted to crown Alexander after the Urango fight and we saw his fights after that... They wanted to crown Ortiz after the Berto fight and we saw what happened with the headbutt and kisses... All Merchant is saying is let a guy put together 3 or 4 good fights before you make them king for the first or second time.... As a brother I hate to see someone called a racist when it's not warranted... Listen to Merchant talk about the black men I named above and tell me do you still think Merchant hates all black fighters.... That's just silly and what white racist you know only hates blacks and not hispanics, asians, gays, jews, and all other non white christian conservatie males... You never heard of a hate black only klan rally... You'll never hear them say blacks go back to Africa but the Mexicans can stay... Think before you post... Racist hate everybody.... Get real....

Comment

The Racket Squad: WTF?

Larry Merchant loves the sport of boxing.
                    That means he has genuine affection for those who practice the craft.
                    The only vocal racist in the sport right now is Floyd.

Comment

of course he's elite larry. he fights on hbo! he must be.............

Comment

Working...
                      X