No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alexander Hurts, Punishes and Dominates Maidana To Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Alexander Hurts, Punishes and Dominates Maidana To Win

Scottrade Center, Saint Louis, Missouri - Devon Alexander (23-1, 13KOs) made his welterweight debut and dominated Marcos Maidana (31-3, 28KOs) over ten rounds. The scores were 100-90, 100-90 and 99-91.

[Click Here To Read More]

What a 1 sided fight. I was so off with my prediction. At least I got the Broner KO over Perez correct. New respect for Alexander the Great.

Comment

Told everyone he would win, all the Alexander doubters give respect when respect is due,he did things Khan Ortiz or anyone could never do and beat Maidana senseless and impressive,wish i knew how to bet on this site would have won boat loads

Comment

Yeah Boy!!!..... Well done Alexander, a dominating performance will go some way to silencing the haters. I think 147 adds to his tank. WAR ALEXANDER!!!

Comment

Good fight from Alexander he finally found his rhythm and distance. Great performance overall and he hurt maidana

Comment

Maidana really did look drunk from round 4 or 5. Worst fight I've ever seen him fight.

Alexander fought a perfect, controlled, disciplined fight, but this is going to lead to a lot of overrating again. The same people who said Ortiz was completely different because of the Berto fight will be out in full force for Alexander now.

Comment

Not a surprising outcome to me at all. I called either he would lose by KO or win by UD. No possible alternative outcomes were in play here for this fight.

Great dominant performance by Devon though! Really enjoyed his boxing clinic tonight.

Comment

Not really impressed with the win at all. Maidana looked like he used 147 as an excuse not to train, couple that with Alexanders obscene level of holding, and yeah... Devon still looked tense, still wasting energy bouncing around needlessly. He is sitting down on his punches a bit more, so that is good. Based off this perforce I don't see him really doing anything special.

I'm frankly surprised that Steve Smoger was breaking them so often. I was half expecting him to just let them work it out themselves like he usually does.

Comment

Wow, didn't think he would end up dominating Maidana this bad. Good win for Alexander.

Comment

Welcome to the WW party Devon!!! I was wrong with Devon, I thought that he was going to fold but didn't. Really great fight, gotta give to Alexander he handled 147lbs very well. Alot better than Maidana at 147lbs, Maidana should go back to 140lbs. Again welcome to the WW Party, the WW division just got alittle interesting.

Comment

Working...
                    X