No announcement yet.

Just rewatched Cotto-Clottey

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
    I wish that left hook was still as lethal.
    He's facing better guys so he's not sitting down on it as much.

He's getting the hell out before he gets one in the noggin after he throws it.

Comment

Originally posted by Toney Loc View Post
      I decided to watch some earlier Cotto fights cause he's been growing on me lately and wanted to analyze his skillz but just as I finished watching this fight I remembered why I don't really like him.

He looked TERRIBLE in this fight. Don't let HBO's ballgargling fool you, people, Cotto looked like balls. He basically flurried and backpeddled the entire fight but showed glimpses of vintage Cotto when he would occasionally land some hard left hooks to the body and head. Clottey did everything right except he didn't throw enough. Had he thrown about 30 more punches in every round, he would have a TKO victory over Cotto right now. Sure, the bad cut Cotto suffered helped Clottey but it was clearly accidental and not caused on purpose like Cottosexuals would have you believe. Looking back, it's now easy to see why Pacquiao fought him right after this fight. And I'm a dumbass for not betting money on Pac to win.

Clottey's lack of volume and Cotto's flurries won the fight for Cotto. Still looked like crap, and Emanuel Steward agreed. :down:
      Does the cut and the fact that his fight before was vs Margarito (plaster) could be a reason that he looked not that good in that fight?

Did you watched any other fight? ???

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
        About a week. Been to the hospital twice. It's not the worst ones so they have to do more tests.

They just need to find the right meds and I am gravy. I've got some and it's improving.

Fever broke three days ago and hasn't returned.

It was well worth motorcycling through the whole country. Wouldn't trade it for anything man.

As long as they come up with something. Man that sounds like a fantastic time. Im stuck in no vacation land (unless ive got kids and wives tagging along).

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
          I wish that left hook was still as lethal.
          You mean to the body? Yea, he's just way more weary of getting hit now, he doesn't have the conviction to the body he used to have. I think his left hook upstairs is still solid he's just facing bigger guys.

I just wish he was a little longer. If his arms were like another 2 inches longer that jab would be SO effective, and it already is damn good. In terms of the actual punch I think he's got the best jab in the sport...but he's short and he doesn't always use it smartly so it's not as effective as it should be.

Comment

I don't know why people think he's a reborn fighter and better than ever

Comment

Originally posted by Puya View Post
              Does the cut and the fact that his fight before was vs Margarito (plaster) could be a reason that he looked not that good in that fight?

Did you watched any other fight? ???
              He fought Michael Jennings for a vacant title before the Clottey fight. And he actually looked decent in that fight. Then he had his falling out with his uncle and looked like crap against Clottey and Pac.

And yes, he did mention the cut. And yes, he did/will watch other fights if you read his posts.

Comment

Not his best fight but most had to do with the nasty gash.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                  I don't know why people think he's a reborn fighter and better than ever
                  Nobody thinks that at all. His best days are behind him, but I think he is better than he was in the Clottey and Pac fight.

Comment

Emanuel Steward said Cotto was training himself for all his fights after firing Evangelista so take that for what it is. I'd also argue that Cotto lost passion for the sport in those times and the weight might've been a factor, still haven't watched the Clottey fight in its entirety for those reasons. Before the cut he still hadn't dazzled me, but he is ballsy you gotta give him that.

Comment

It definitely wasnt one of cotto's better/sharper nights. But with that said, clottey has one hell of a defensive shell.

Comment

Working...
                      X