No announcement yet.

[VIDEO]: Dana White just tore Floyd a new one

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    ufc is not really a monopoly, perhaps an oligopoly but anyone is free to fight in other organizations, start other organizations etc...just like the nba. they have no will or influence over other competitors. all the best are located in the ufc/nba so that's where people want to go naturally. in boxing it's the exact opposite. it could best be described as a clown college. ******s flying everywhere with no idea what they are doing and nothing ever gets accomplished.
    You can use the term loosely... Id say the NBA has a monopoly over Basketball... Not in the strictest definition of the term, but essentially yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
      Agreed with everything Dana said except that this fight should be 50/50. Pac should get the lion share because hes the one who has sold more PPV's and is the bigger global figure and endorsement and advertising which means more money.

It should be 65-35 Pac.
      If you had your way youd be no better than Floyd... And the fight wouldnt get done.

Comment

Bob Arum talks about floyd more than his own fighters..lol...and Floyd never said anything racist.

Comment

Originally posted by CaRnAgEViOLaToR View Post
          Bob Arum talks about floyd more than his own fighters..lol...and Floyd never said anything racist.
          Im still trying to figure out what was racist....

Comment

Originally posted by Cash Cow View Post
            Really?...Great??

"Jeremy Lin is a good player but all the hype is because he's Asian. Black players do what he does every night and don't get the same praise."

This is all fact, nothing he said was racist. People are hyped because he is an Asian dude going hard and its not the typical "look".

Same things happened when Tiger took over golf and the Williams sisters took over Tennis.
            The problem with Floyd's tweet is that he wrote that ALL the hype is because he's Asian. Floyd is right but only to a point. Some of the hype is because he's undrafted, graduated from Harvard, Division I colleges never took a look at him, been cut by every team he's been on, was about to be cut by the Knicks, and was only put in as a desperation move by D'Antoni. On top of that, the Knicks two big superstars were either grieving or injured and he led the Knicks to a winning streak as a leader.

Comment

Originally posted by Cash Cow View Post
              Im still trying to figure out what was racist....
              Neither do I but it is an ignorant tweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post

I can't help but agree with everything he said here.
                I don't think Floyd is racist...but the lil neckless bald headed dude in the vid has a point...make the fight happen!!

am I the only one who thinks Floyd's tweet was shot at the media?!?...yes he mentioned Lin but he put the media on blast for making it a big deal....this breaking records thing is so blown up that its not funny....I'm a b-ball head..I love boxing but b-ball is what I played, not about to go autobiograpical on here...but I've balled with and against some of yall favs...leave it at that!!!....that record they say Lin is in possesion of has no value imo....I'm guessing it has something to do with the first 4 or 5 starts....Lin is NOT a rookie....the other dudes were...with that said, the boy can ball...just what the Knicks needed...a SOLID pg.....once he adds more dimesnions to his game...then he MIGHT can be in the convo with the D-Roses and them....I'm not ready to certify the dude just because he had a few good games....put together a few good months and seasons then halla back!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
                  I don't think Floyd is racist...but the lil neckless bald headed dude in the vid has a point...make the fight happen!!

am I the only one who thinks Floyd's tweet was shot at the media?!?...yes he mentioned Lin but he put the media on blast for making it a big deal....this breaking records thing is so blown up that its not funny....I'm a b-ball head..I love boxing but b-ball is what I played, not about to go autobiograpical on here...but I've balled with and against some of yall favs...leave it at that!!!....that record they say Lin is in possesion of has no value imo....I'm guessing it has something to do with the first 4 or 5 starts....Lin is NOT a rookie....the other dudes were...with that said, the boy can ball...just what the Knicks needed...a SOLID pg.....once he adds more dimesnions to his game...then he MIGHT can be in the convo with the D-Roses and them....I'm not ready to certify the dude just because he had a few good games....put together a few good months and seasons then halla back!!!
                  Didn't he break the record for most turnovers in his first 6 starts? ESPN kept on mentioning it when the Knicks lost to the Hornets last week.

Comment

Originally posted by WALTER WHITE View Post
                    Didn't he break the record for most turnovers in his first 6 starts? ESPN kept on mentioning it when the Knicks lost to the Hornets last week.
                    didn't hear about THAT record...I just heard about the most points one....Skip and few others turned me off on ESPN...those dudes come across as cheerleaders imo

Comment

Originally posted by WALTER WHITE View Post
                      The problem with Floyd's tweet is that he wrote that ALL the hype is because he's Asian. Floyd is right but only to a point. Some of the hype is because he's undrafted, graduated from Harvard, Division I colleges never took a look at him, been cut by every team he's been on, was about to be cut by the Knicks, and was only put in as a desperation move by D'Antoni. On top of that, the Knicks two big superstars were either grieving or injured and he led the Knicks to a winning streak as a leader.
                      I agree but I just don't see it being racist, and the way the media turned it into a racist issue was typical. I don't think he was hating on Jeremy Lin, he was IMO speaking about the Media. This is where I have a problem.

Comment

Working...
                      X