Michael Buffer vs Jimmy Lennon Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

buffer no doubt

Comment

You are exactly right. Buffer is a compete phony. His fake, chesty voice is practiced. If you listen to him, say 20 years ago, you can tell the big difference. It's far too glossy, over smooth, VERY monotonous, and always delivers the very same way, with the very same intonation and exactly the same pitch. As a life-long musician, I'm very susceptible to "pitch" and I always turn down the sound when he starts his little doo-dah. That people like it just shows me how stupid and unnoticing fans are. His brother on MMA does the very same spiel, in the very same manner. Copying success.

Lennon, on the other hand, has a higher pitch, varies his modulations, and sounds far more interesting. He does actually sound as if he's enjoying himself, and that something exciting is going to happen. A complete contrast to Buffer's phonus bolonus. For me, there's just no comparison.
      Last edited by edgarg; 02-19-2012, 01:46 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

watching lennon jr introduce tyson make me so hyped! Definetly Jimmy lennon

Comment

They both get beaten by this guy:

Comment

I actually like Lennon over Buffer. I have no idea why either. I like them both. Buffer brings the superbowl voice to it, but Lennon brings a sort of classiness in a sport often void of class

Comment

Chuck Hull

Comment

Lupe Contreras

Comment

For me its no contest, buffer.

edit: especially when introducing miguel cotto, he brings the intesity he gets me more hyped up

Comment

Buffer is just a legend. He is on an universe thats untouchable for real lol. He makes every event into a biblical proportion kind of event. Lennon is just a good voice.

Comment

I like Jimmy when he says it's SHOWTIME and the lights turn on but Buffer is the man but I voted for Jimmy dare to be different.

Comment

Working...
                      X