No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Paul Williams Decisions Nobohiro Ishida Over Twelve

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Paul Williams Decisions Nobohiro Ishida Over Twelve

American Bank Center, Corpus Christi, Texas - Former champion Paul Williams (41-2, 27KOs) returned to the ring to win a dominating twelve round unanimous decision over Nobuhiro Ishida (24-7-2, 9KOs). All three of the judges scored it 120-108.

[Click Here To Read More]

Paulie is done. Workrate is all he had against a none threatening guy. Same mistakes, same flaws. Sergio would have gotten rid of him in 1 round or less tonight. Paulie looks weak.

Comment

I'm confused.
      I still don't understand how Kirkland was KOed by this guy Ishida. Is Ann Wolfe such an instrumental factor for Kirkland? Perhaps.
      Lara will be ducked by Pwill. Gut feeling we'll see Pwill vs Kirkland @ 154.

Comment

Originally posted by damit305 View Post
        I'm confused.
        I still don't understand how Kirkland was KOed by this guy Ishida. Is Ann Wolfe such an instrumental factor for Kirkland? Perhaps.
        Williams might die in the ring if he fought Kirkland. For Paul's sake, I hope that's not an option for him.

Comment

Paul put in some good work, great combos and the work rate is top notch. Still has little pop in his punches and is very vulnerable to certain shots. F it, Paul right now is a finished product and is not gonna get any better or worse, might as well take on some big money fights and see what he can do.

Comment

Easy work tonight Paul. Now man up and give Lara his rematch!

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
              Paul put in some good work, great combos and the work rate is top notch. Still has little pop in his punches and is very vulnerable to certain shots. F it, Paul right now is a finished product and is not gonna get any better or worse, might as well take on some big money fights and see what he can do.
              Man his workrate is top notch given his physical attributes and heart.
              However he fights very 'simple' imo.

Paul I feel has been damaged due to the Martinez ko. His 'Win' vs Lara by no means was a confidence builder.

Williams is not done yet, I don't go by the HBO consensus, however he doesn't seem to 'have it' anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by damit305 View Post
                I'm confused.
                I don't care if you're superman if you spend 2 years in prison, come out and fight 3-4 guys in less than a months time you're not going to be at your best.

And I really think that's all it was. He was rusty, not in the best shape yet and as you mentioned not with Wolfe.

I have no reason to believe Ishida would beat Kirkland again, none.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                  I don't care if you're superman if you spend 2 years in prison, come out and fight 3-4 guys in less than a months time you're not going to be at your best.

And I really think that's all it was. He was rusty, not in the best shape yet and as you mentioned not with Wolfe.

I have no reason to believe Ishida would beat Kirkland again, none.
                  This I agree to a certain point. I can see how a couple years behind bars can affect, but is Kirkland simply not 'Kirkland' w/o Wolfe?
                  Last edited by damit305; 02-19-2012, 12:58 AM.

Comment

It was an entertaining fight & Williams did clearly win, but in My opinion Williams does not convince Me to think he belongs in the same league with the top of the line fighters anymore..

Comment

Working...
                    X