No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brandon Rios-Yuriorkis Gamboa Confirmed For April 14

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PBFP4P View Post
    Did he make weight? No, so what does it prove?
    It proves that he tried to drop the weight at the last second like a fuking idiot.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
      It proves that he tried to drop the weight at the last second like a fuking idiot.
      Or that he kills himself making the weight.
      Last edited by PBFP4P; 02-17-2012, 01:40 AM.

Comment

• This is a great fight!

Comment

Sounds like you think everyone's all hype.

Who's real?
          There are those who will never be convinced on any fighter except the one or two which rubs them the right way. No sweat.
          Last edited by damit305; 02-17-2012, 01:40 AM.

Comment

Sounds like you think everyone's all hype.

Who's real?

What it actually sounds like is people are trying to set up an excuse in case Gamboa losses. If Gamboa losses no one will give credit to Rios for actually being the better fighter. People will say it was because of size.

Ignoring that Rios might be very weak for making the weight or that Gamboa is really moving up just one weight-class.

Comment

Honestly I think he beats anyone at 140 besides Bradley. I just said toss up to save the argument.

Yes he has been slimming down to 135. But, that catches up to you and it hurts. His last fight, kinds of prove it.

Now he can make it with no problem. But, he can have a problem. No one knows yet. I don't know why everyone is acting like if Gamboa is the only one taking a risk and that the weight will affect him. While Rios is taking the risk and the weight could affect.

But, I actually know why. For as many that say Rios is hype. Twice the amount hypes up Gamboa.
              So, if everyone but Bradley is so easy, why is Brandon killing himself to make 135? If Rios is taking a risk, there's a reason for it.

I don't think Brandon is a hype-job. He's a brawling monster. Everyone, including his fans, know that he's more of a tough-guy than a boxer. But they love that about him. Frankly, there's an appeal to it.

I don't think Yuri is a hype-job, either. Gamboa is as fast as they come, skilled, athletic, explosive and hard-punching. Do you disagree with any of that? I'll even give you the oft-repeated accusation that he's "chinny" (not that I necessarily agree). Yuri is still one of the most electrifying fighters in the sport.

Comment

Or that he he kills himself making the weight.
                I'm going by what he said after the fight. He tried to drop a bunch of weight in the last few days.

The nutritionist now has him on a meal plan. And like I said he's fairly close to weight already.

Comment

What it actually sounds like is people are trying to set up an excuse in case Gamboa losses. If Gamboa losses no one will give credit to Rios for actually being the better fighter. People will say it was because of size.

Ignoring that Rios might be very weak for making the weight or that Gamboa is really moving up just one weight-class.
                  Rios 5'9 vs 5'4.

Rios blows up to 152-154 on Fight Night.

If healthy which we don't know until the weigh-in.

But if healthy, Gamboa is looking at a very uphill battle.

Rios has to deal with a world class boxer. I think he deserves credit for that and that will carry to 140.

But no doubt Gamboa will get a ton of more credit if he wins.

Comment

• Surprisingly Top Rank hasnt milked both fighters first before matching these two up... I guess they learned their lesson when holding off Juan Ma and Gamboa for toooo long..

Great match up, cant wait for this one... I see Rios taking this one.. Rios will find a way to land on Gamboas chin. Gamboa will be down a few times in this fight.. Hope this one isnt on PPV but if it is ill still pay for it..

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                      So, if everyone but Bradley is so easy, why is Brandon killing himself to make 135? If Rios is taking a risk, there's a reason for it.
                      this right here man lets be honest there is more money @140 and step closer to a mega fight so why was he killing himself for years to make weight? Rios has no boxing skills no defense no footwork and no speed he really needs that size advantage to dominate he moves up in weight and I could see him losing to guys like Matthysse and Garcia @ 140

Comment

Working...
                      X