Comments Thread For: Brandon Rios-Yuriorkis Gamboa Confirmed For April 14

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBFP4P View Post
    You don't get used to being drained.

Yes Rios belongs at 140. It will be harder going down than up. Rios would might very well be weak in making the weight.

This might be a David vs Goliath and just as easily be a Pacquaio vs DLH.
    It's been well-publicized that Brandon is now using a nutritionist to make weight. According to a recent article here on Boxingscene, Rios stated something along the lines of feeling good while dropping weight, unlike in the past. It might still be hard on him, but Brandon isn't going to come into this fight a zombie, like his last fight.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
      dude, that situation is not even comparable.
      Rios looked just as bad as Oscar did(against Pac) in his last fight in the weigh-in. And, he FAILED TO MAKE THE WEIGHT.

Someone post a pic of Rios last weigh-in.

So imagine how he would look when he does make the weight.

Not sure why you're underestimating the risk of Rios fighting at 135.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          It's been well-publicized that Brandon is now using a nutritionist to make weight. According to a recent article here on Boxingscene, Rios stated something along the lines of feeling good while dropping weight, unlike in the past. It might still be hard on him, but Brandon isn't going to come into this fight a zombie, like his last fight.
          Weight should not be an issue. It can become an excuse though. I hope Brandon shows up healthy and ready.

Comment

You right. Not like fighters have said that before.

Comment

Originally posted by damit305 View Post
              Weight should not be an issue. It can become an excuse though. I hope Brandon shows up healthy and ready.
              So do I. If Yuri beats him, I want the victory to be as sweet as Cuban sugar, baby!

Comment

Originally posted by PBFP4P View Post
                Rios looked just as bad as Oscar did(against Pac) in his last fight in the weigh-in. And, he FAILED TO MAKE THE WEIGHT.

Someone post a pic of Rios last weigh-in.

So imagine how he would look when he does make the weight.

Not sure why you're underestimating the risk of Rios fighting at 135.
                im not underestimating nothing. whatever rios did wrong in the build up to that fight, its on him to fix. he said he got an nutritionist, which should help, and hes made the weight in the past even if with difficulty. the reason he looked bad in the ring is because he wasnt allowed to rehydrate past 147 in that fight. i doubt that will be the case here.

its still nowhere near the same as oscar dlh fighting at a weight he hasnt fought at in years, not even close.

Comment

So do I. If Yuri beats him, I want the victory to be as sweet as Cuban sugar, baby!
                  I'll being doing a 'Celia' my man AZUCAAA!

Comment

Originally posted by $ j-210 $ View Post
                    Thank you, and don't forget that he failed to make the weight. Imagine him having to make it. Now the weight could be an advantage for Rios or a disadvantage. No one will know until they fight in the ring. just the hype of Gamboa is out of line. He will be special no matter what. But, Rios won't? Even though Rios might be a dead man walking when the fight happens?

Comment

Go ahead and trash Bob Arum anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X