Comments Thread For: Canelo: Agreement Made to Face Mayweather-Cotto Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    Twice, neither anybody good, hopefully a 154 fighter
    I was thinking Alvarez vs Kirkland later this year with the winner getting Mayweather early next year.

This is assuming Maywather beats Cotto, Alvarez beats Mosley and Kirkland beats Molina...

and wishful thinking.

Comment

If Kirkland beats Molina and Alvarez beats Mosley, they should make Alvarez-Kirkland on the weekend of Mexican Independence Day in Spetember 2012. That would be big, a lot of hype, but Canelo would lose. I'd get together though for sure and have a big party for that. I have a lot of casual fan friends who are Latino and love Canelo, though he hasn't really beat anyone. And I have a few hardcore fans that are friends, who like Kirkland, like myself.

Comment

He deserves neither. If this BS does happen though, I guarantee Mayweather boxes his ears off or Cotto breaks him down for a late round stoppage!

PS... notice how he's already looking past Mosley. Big mistake. Kid has it coming, one way or another!

Comment

i think canelo is merely a back up plan in case pac-floyd doesn't happen next year.

Comment

in that case Canelo a decent way to go, but yeah for a guy 39-0 his resume isn't the greatest. hopefully he can impress vs Mosley

**While it might make sense to give Canelo 1-2 more fights before he goes @ Mayweather keep in mind the options would have to be reasonably low risk.

unless of course Kirkland impresses vs Molina and Golden Boy feels like the Kirk-Canelo winner is worth fighting Floyd

a long time between now and 2013, we'll just have to see how these fights play out

Comment

Canelo has a lot of fans and he can sell tickets, he has no need to be on an undercard. Mayweather would be the one who would benefit from that because he can brag about how much PPV he can sell. I like Mayweather but he is trying to use that 5 de Mayo date and Canelo to make more money. Smart idea for Money May but its not cool..

Comment

Originally posted by tlaloc View Post
                Canelo has a lot of fans and he can sell tickets, he has no need to be on an undercard. Mayweather would be the one who would benefit from that because he can brag about how much PPV he can sell. I like Mayweather but he is trying to use that 5 de Mayo date and Canelo to make more money. Smart idea for Money May but its not cool..
                if pac doesn't want to fight, then it's logical floyd would want to have canelo on the undercard, and help promote him. canelo has already a big fan base, but the opportunity is to make him a bigger star before floyd fights him.

Comment

Originally posted by AvoidDisaster View Post
                  Hahaha! Sounds like Schaffer just said, "Yeah sure you get the winner next whatever... now sign here... "

Comment

Its good to hear that. Its time to start accepting the Pac fight will never happen. There will always be excuses on both sides. Floyd moving up and getting older, puts him at a disadvantage, which creates more interest. Maybe a Martinez fight can happen in late 2013 as well. Pac will probably continue fighting the 140 pounders moving up.

Comment

A month ago I made a comment on this forum that the reason Mayweather is fighting at 154 vs Cotto is becuase he isn't coming back to 147 and you can forget about Manny vs Floyd now because really Manny can not make it pass 150..

Floyd vs Cotto, then Canelo, and finally Martinez sorry no Manny vs Floyd people..

Comment

Working...
                      X